20 New Sheqalim Hurva Synagogue
|Type||Pièce non circulante|
|Valeur||20 New Sheqalim
20 ILS = 5,72 USD
|Devise||Nouveau shekel / sheqel (1986-présent)|
|Orientation||Frappe médaille ↑↑|
Standard Catalog of World Coins
par George S. Cuhaj
"Jerusalem of Gold" Israeli Bullion Coin Series: Hurva Synagogue
Israel State Emblem, "Israel" in English, Hebrew and Arabic, a roaring lion taken from an ancient 8th century BCE seal found in Megiddo, that belonged to Shema, servant of King Jeroboam II.
Inscription : ISRAEL إسرائيل ישראל
Graveur : Meir Eshel, Tidhar Dagan
View of the Hurva Synagogue. In the upper border is the word "Jerusalem" in English, Hebrew and Arabic and to the right, the Face Value, Mint Year and Star of David Mint Mark.
أورشليم JERUSALEM ירושלים
1 OZ. FINE GOLD .9999 םאונקייה זהב טהור
Graveur : Yaacov Enyedi, Tidhar Dagan
One of the most magnificent edifices on the Jerusalem landscape, the Hurva Synagogue in the Jewish Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem is visited by tourists from all over the world. Its dome overlooks a splendid panoramic view of Jerusalem while its dramatic story is linked to the turbulent history of the people of Israel in the Land of Israel, over the past 300 years.
Early in the 18th century, a group of European immigrants led by Rabbi Yehuda Hasid purchased the land with the intention of building a Synagogue in Jerusalem. After the Rabbi’s death, the building remained unfinished and on October 27, 1721, it was burned down by rioting Arabs. From that time, it became known as the Hurva (Hebrew for "Ruin") of Rabbi Yehuda HaHasid.
Almost 100 years after it was destroyed, followers of the Gaon of Vilna managed to obtain a license from the Turkish authorities in Kushta, annulling previous debts and permitting the rebuilding of the synagogue, which was inaugurated in 1864. The Synagogue became the center of Jewish spiritual life in the Land of Israel and the center of life in the Jewish Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem.
Tragically, the beautiful building was to be destroyed once again in 1948 by the Jordanian Legion and all that remained was the foundation and some columns.
After the Six Day War in 1967, the ruins of the Hurva became an archeological site and the famous arch of the Synagogue that had been rebuilt, became a prominent symbol of renewed Jewish settlement in the Jewish Quarter of the Old City.
In 2002, the Government of Israel announced a decision to rebuild the Hurva and the rebuilt Synagogue was completed in 2010.
Minted at the Utrecht Royal Dutch Mint (The Netherlands) with Star of David's mintmark.
Gestion de ma collection
|5774 (2014) ✡||3 600||(en) התשע"ד - Brilliant Uncirculated|
Obtenir cette pièce
Aucun membre du site ne veut actuellement échanger cette pièce.
Prix du métal : 1 462,73 USD Conseils d'utilisation
Contribuer au catalogueModifier ou ajouter des informations sur cette pièce
Identifier cette pièce dans les archives de ventes en ligne