Menu

Recherche sur le forum

6 résultats ont été trouvés.

2012 UK 2 pence error
Posté le : 31-10-2017, 10h58 dans Coin identifications and valuations

Wikipedia has a good page for the novice like myself to get acquainted with errors. • My coin is 'die rotation' apparently. • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mint-made_errors

What do I need to know for my first ever swap?
Posté le : 06-09-2017, 16h54 dans Swaps and trades

Hi • I am fairly new to the site - joined in April this year - and have made 10 successful swaps - three with the same member in Romania and also as far apart as Ukraine Slovenia Australia Spain Netherlands UK. Only one member asked me to send coins first but I understand until you have some positive feedback this is not unreasonable. • Most members seem happy to do one for one swaps. I check carefully the Numista rarity value before adding coins to a swap as obviously I would not expect to receive a rare coin in exchange for a very common coin. • Be patient, too. I have only received replies from around 50% of members I have made an offer to and overall made only about 1 in 3 exchanges to offers. • best of luck - this is a great site! • Adam

New catalogue admin
Posté le : 10-08-2017, 8h45 dans News

Pejounet was the first person to respond to my request to identify a roman coin - he subsequently added the coin to the site on my behalf. • A big thank from me to all those who spend so much time making this site what it is. • Adam

A new milestone: 100,000
Posté le : 21-06-2017, 19h34 dans News

My little Roman coin https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces115062.html was added on 18th June by Numista member Pejounet on my behalf and must have been around 99,990 and some I guess in the catalogue - but does anyone know is there an estimate of how many coins there have been in existence?

Constantine II AE Follis?
Posté le : 18-06-2017, 0h14 dans Coin identifications and valuations

Something that I might have missed her but can you explain the concept of the coin in honour of a future leader/emperor (one at the time the coin was struck) and who the bust was meant to depict - an image of the adult Constantine II or his father as was at that time. • If it was the former is this why he was bare-headed rather than wearing a laureate?

What country are you from?
Posté le : 30-04-2017, 9h14 dans Free discussion

Sheffield, England - famous for steel and cutlery, silver and silver plate and being no good at football . • Rediscovered my love for coins recently and found this amazing site...