Problem with API [solved]

4 posts • viewed 111 times

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 0
Downvotes: 0
When I try to get my collection from the API, I get the following error:

"The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error."

I can get a coin by ID, but /users/{user_id}/collected_coins gives me an error. Anyone else having this problem?
They say "Pecunia non olet", but I know better...
I've been thinking about this. I think that the problem is that the json is too big to return. I have 15.704 coins in my collections, so the json must be huge. In .NET I have the option to increase the limit for json-strings using maxJsonLength in the web.config. I'm not sure if PHP has the same option, but I think it should be possible. Numista probably isn't the only community using an API to retrieve large amounts of data.

A way of preventing this, or at least decreasing the amount of data being fetched, is allowing a specific collection to be added as parameter to collected_coins. In my case, it would decrease the amount of coins from 15.704 to 4.300 (at this moment 8)).
Hello,

I just made a fix. Could you please confirm that you can now retrieve your coins?

I agree there should be a way to filter the results (by collection, by swap/no-swap, by pages, or something else), as the result can be very big. Could you please open a separate topic to request it?
Status changed to Started (Xavier, 5-Nov-2020, 23:25)
Yes, I can confirm that collected_coins now retrieves the coins! I'll make a new topic for improving the API :)

Thanks Xavier!
Status changed to Solved (Xavier, 6-Nov-2020, 16:18)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 06:20.