Estimated weight is off for banknotes [solved]

5 posts • viewed 108 times

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 0
When adding banknotes to a swap the estimated weight for a banknote is about 7g, which is way too high.

I'd like to get a more realistic estimate. Either take an average of 1g/note (already on the high side for most notes) or a more exact one based on the size of the note. They will still not be correct, but closer to reality when trying to decide on your weight limit in a swap.
Just call me Bram

Oh! And do read my profile page before you open a swap ...
Status changed to Accepted (Xavier, 11-Dec-2020, 09:13)
The weight for the current Swedish banknotes are:
20 kronor - 0.76 gr
50 kronor - 0.80 gr
100 kronor - 0.87 gr
200 kronor - 0.91 gr
500 kronor - 0.96 gr
1,000 kronor - 1.01 gr
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ngdawa"​The weight for the current Swedish banknotes are:
​20 kronor - 0.76 gr
​50 kronor - 0.80 gr
​100 kronor - 0.87 gr
​200 kronor - 0.91 gr
​500 kronor - 0.96 gr
​1,000 kronor - 1.01 gr
​And when I add them to a swap they show as weighing ~7g each (~42g in total). I don't think there's a point in weighing all of them separately, but we should get closer to reality at least. You have to beware when your banknotes start weighing more than the average coin ;)

@Xavier, when hovering over the checkbox in a swap the weight is only shown for coins. If we get more correct values, a value for banknotes would also be useful.
Just call me Bram

Oh! And do read my profile page before you open a swap ...
Hello,
I propose the following solution:
  • In case a swap contains only banknotes, do not show the weight at all. The information about the weight is not present in the banknote catalogue, so it would be difficult to have a meaningful estimate of the total weight. Additionally, I doubt that the weight of the banknotes is really relevant when shipping banknotes: probably the packaging would be heavier than the banknotes themselves in most cases.
  • In case of a mix of coins and banknotes, estimate the weight of a banknote to 1g instead of 7g.
Status changed to Solved (Xavier, 12-Dec-2020, 15:53)
I adjusted the default weight for banknotes to 1 gram.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 23:11.