Inactive referees [solved]

16 posts • viewed 369 times

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 31
Downvotes: 2

» Quick access to the last post

I've read many threads about change requests never being validated and inactive referees. I therefore thought it might be reasonably if a referee that is inactive for 6 months or more, s-/he is automatically removed from the post as referee. It will then make sense to members that the requests are taking longer to be validated, and the master referee can handle the requests immediately. Also, members who are keen to be a referee - and are active - can then apply for the post.

What do you think?
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
I like it. Makes sense.
I think six months is pretty long period, I suggest less time (three months...?) of inactivity to remove referee.
Quote: "Sorxus"​I think six months is pretty long period, I suggest less time (three months...?) of inactivity to remove referee.
​I thought six months is a little too long too, but I thought that the line has to be drawn somewhere. Three months sounds fair, I reckon.
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
The referee can consider himself as a master referee, and wait six months (or 3) to process the requests.
or wait until there is enough to spend the day there
BOINC
Isn't automatic removal after only three months a little extreme? I do agree that there should be something done about inactive referees.

A better solution would be after 3 months inactivity, a notification is sent to the Numista brass. Then they can deal with it on their own time and would remove the possibility of removing a reliable referee.
Master Coin Referee
Coin referee for CRI, GTM, HND, NIC, PAN, and SLV.

Revisor principal de monedas
Revisor de Numista para monedas de CRI, GTM, HND, NIC, PAN y SLV.

Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦 and Free Palestine 🇵🇸!
About 60,000 new members since I joined about 3 years ago. It is a volunteer position after all and perhaps it can be overwhelming at times. Maybe it's time for more referees for certain countries depending on volume of requests.
Quote: "Some_Nerd"​Isn't automatic removal after only three months a little extreme?

​Maybe 3 months is too short, and 6 months too long. This is about inactivity that hasn't been reported in advance, like "I'm gonna be travelling for 3 months and won't be active." is totally okay, but to just disappear without a word is not.
Quote: "ngdawa"​​Maybe 3 months is too short, and 6 months too long. This is about inactivity that hasn't been reported in advance, like "I'm gonna be travelling for 3 months and won't be active." is totally okay, but to just disappear without a word is not.

​Again, I agree that we need to do something about all of the inactive referees. What I disagree about is making the removal process automatic, rather then a manual action. I think that being kicked out with only an email saying that you've been removed would be too harsh and impersonal.
Master Coin Referee
Coin referee for CRI, GTM, HND, NIC, PAN, and SLV.

Revisor principal de monedas
Revisor de Numista para monedas de CRI, GTM, HND, NIC, PAN y SLV.

Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦 and Free Palestine 🇵🇸!
I think there should be a warning Email sent to the referee 2 weeks before the 3 or 6 month period is up. For example.

Dear (name of referee)

We have noticed your long period of inactivity and within two weeks (of no response) we’ve got no choice but to remove you from your position as referee for (country/countries). But If you want to carry on as referee please send us a message stating the reason on absence or the that you want to step down from you duty please also sent us a message.

If you ignore this message you’ll be automatically removed from your job as referee by the admins.

Hope to hear back
Numista team

That was just a example.:wiz:;)
Hi to whoever is reading this. Did you know that TYPEWRITER (on a QWERTY keyboard) is the longest word you can type using only the letters on one row of the keyboard.
I support this idea entirely, got my vote.
I've had change requests languish for 120+ days, but eventually get approved. My opinion is that 60 days should be enough time for someone to address a request.

Perhaps add an option for the referee to acknowledge the existence of the request, so the requestor can see that it will at some point be considered. In other words, add a status of "acknowledged" and possibly an "I'll get to it within X days" option for the referee.
By refusing the insertion requests of members who obviously have not read the colored insert at the top of the page and each article of the link ''Guidelines for the Numista catalogue" the referrers would spend more time for creations than for modifications!
:°
BOINC
Hello,
This post was opened, some tools have been built internally so that catalogue admins have better visibility on referee activity.
Nobody is automatically removed from being referee, but cases are handled case by case, so that there should be no inactive referee unless exceptional circumstances.
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 4-May-2022, 14:32)
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,
​This post was opened, some tools have been built internally so that catalogue admins have better visibility on referee activity.
​Nobody is automatically removed from being referee, but cases are handled case by case, so that there should be no inactive referee unless exceptional circumstances.
​I'm glad to hear that. Cheers, mate!

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 01:08.