Countries and Territories of the World Quiz

10 posts • viewed 310 times

» Quick access to the last post

Hello all,

I came across this quiz today. The premise is to list as many countries and territories as possible within 20 minutes. I figured that this would be right up this forum's alley. Link: https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/309965/recognized-and-non-recognized-countries-of-the-world-quiz

I was able to list 202 out of 248, with most of the missing are various territories and nations in the Caribbean and Oceania. I'm curious how many y'all will get.
Master Coin Referee
Coin referee for CRI, GTM, HND, NIC, PAN, and SLV.

Revisor principal de monedas
Revisor de Numista para monedas de CRI, GTM, HND, NIC, PAN y SLV.

Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦 and Free Palestine 🇵🇸!
now im a kid but i got 108 but in knew like 80 others in my head which i just could not get the right spelling on
I'm a Geog buff so I was miffed that I got 240/248. I remembered to list most of the territories but I left out countries such as San Marino and the Vatican entirely :o
238/248, no unexpected losses, dispute Abkhazia being a recognised place. Got caught out over both St. Martins. Only missed 2 obvious countries.
I love coins
134/248. Of course, there was a bunch I couldn't remember how to spell. Mostly missed African countries, islands (some of them I couldn't even see on the map), and a handful of countries elsewhere. A couple big ones I totally blanked out on: Indonesia and Saudi Arabia.
HoH
221/248 - mostly missed a bunch of islands

I missed many islands and couldn't spell a bunch of the stans
My second account. Deleted my first. Member since 2016
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=142505
I used to belong to a site called sporcle (Might still) and it was many quizzes, used to be good but got larded down with Americanisms and American sports and pop culture, plus they brought in ads and premium memberships - it declined and I left it.

However I baked into my head now to spell those difficult countries - these ones

Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina (I have seen Hercegovina, Herzegovinia etc), Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan (Many miss out that H) and Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan. Those damn countries always get me along with Liechtenstein, Andorra, Luxembourg, San Marino and Vatican City.

Sorry a bit of spoiler for you members about to do that quiz.

Someone is cleaning up on it, it said my score of 238 was higher than 79.2%, so that means 20.2% of people are getting close to or perfect scores (Assuming not all are using cheat filters).
I love coins
I feel this is nothing one should do on the phone. I'll give it a try when I'm at the computer. Right now my wife is sleeping in my lap, so I can't move. /!\
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
I got 232/248 = 94%

It's pretty frustrating when you know it but just can't remember the name. I was like "Oh, that Mutiny on the Bounty islands, what's it called?" :P
Forgot completely about the Brittish isles. I even forgot two territories I've even been in. :O
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 21:59.