Coins in too poor condition to allow a perfect identification or Unidentified coins

11 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Hello,

A file has been created to put your coins in too poor condition to allow a perfect identification (or Unidentified coins).
Please use this file : https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces43609.html to enter in Numista all your coin that can not be precisely determinated.

From now, every file created for coins not precisely determinated (no photo, lack of description, no KM or something similar) and that will not allow anyone else to use it will be transfered to that "non determinated file".

Please use this post to let us now if you see files that should be "destroy" and "transfered" to this "non determinated file".

Thank you
The Team.
"May the force be with you..."
Séverine, Laurent, la grande Charline et le petit Corentin
Mende - Lozère
France
Great idea! An unidentified section will be fun to look through
Thanks.
Catalogue referee for British, English and Scottish coins.

Le référent pour des pièces britannique, anglais et écossais.
Quote: @josephjkGreat idea! An unidentified section will be fun to look through
I agree, it's a fantastic idea and a great improvement for the site, Thank You Numista  :)  :)  :)
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon.

Coin catalogue referee for England, United Kingdom & pre-Union South Africa.
Banknote catalogue referee for England & United Kingdom.
Quote: @josephjkGreat idea! An unidentified section will be fun to look through
Unfortunately for now, there will be nothing to look at (please see the structure of the file) as every info will be fulfilled in the "Personal comment" field of each member. If people want to have their coin identified, they will have to ask on the identification forum. Maybe in the future, if Xavier gets time to do the improvement, the section will be better and will alow to have a real "non-identificated section".
Mende - Lozère
France
I misunderstood, but yes a section with "Not yet identified" and another sticky/pinned topic with "Changes needed to catalog" where everyone could keep adding requests would be great. Currently there are several different topics asking for catalog modifications and a lot of them are lost in the mix...
Quote: @josephjkCurrently there are several different topics asking for catalog modifications and a lot of them are lost in the mix...
Yes, we know, lack of time and people in the team... as far as we are concerned we usually only deal with the French part of the forum...
Mende - Lozère
France
Got it! :D  :D  :D ... thanks
If photographs are required, then fewer people will participate in catalog improvement.
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic58797.html ..... should I add this...... :)
coin collector.....
Quote: "arvin11"https://en.numista.com/forum/topic58797.html ..... should I add this...... :)
​Yes, if you want to. You can add anything you want to the page. I add fakes (silver ones so that I don't mess up my silver count) and coin sets.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:20.