Queen Elizabeth becomes the longest-reigning British monarch!

10 posts

» Quick access to the last post

On Wednesday, Elizabeth II became the longest reigning British monarch!

Read about the 63 years of her portraits on coins:

Elizabeth II Reaches Reigning Milestone (Numismatic News):
http://www.numismaticnews.net/article/elizabeth-ii-reaches-reign-milestone?et_mid=782632&rid=246473959

... and the longest reigning female monarch ever! (I wish you hadn't included that hideous Canadian portrait!)
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon.

Coin catalogue referee for England, United Kingdom & pre-Union South Africa.
Banknote catalogue referee for England & United Kingdom.
7th Portait :8D
Referee of south atlantic islands
X-D
:D
Referee of south atlantic islands
Ha, I burst out laughing. I just wasn't expecting that 7th portrait.

God save the Queen! ...but death comes even to kings and queens.
Quote: "radrick007"​... and the longest reigning female monarch ever! (I wish you hadn't included that hideous Canadian portrait!)
​Seriously, who's photo was that engraver looking at?
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
British version of Zombucks?
HoH
With her four portraits and all the countries under the empire, has Queen Elizabeth II appeared on the most coins in history?
Quote: "JRo69"​With her four portraits and all the countries under the empire, has Queen Elizabeth II appeared on the most coins in history?
​What a great question!

I'd say it would be between Elizabeth II and Queen Victoria. the coins of QEII would have far larger mintages but Victoria had far more countries including all the Indian coins with quite hefty production runs.

I'm sure someone, somewhere has already researched the answer but here's my guess - QEII by a country mile if you include such things as proof sets, spurious commemoratives and other stuff never intended to circulate, but if you count only "real" coins it's my gal Victoria by a short head.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 07:48.