Belgium / Brabant revolution / Austrian Netherlands

8 posts
Dear all,

I would like to separate the coins of the Brabant revolution (type "austrian netherlands insurrection" in the search) from the other Austrian Netherlands coinage.
Those coins were minted during the Brabant revolution, against the Empire Authority, by the short lived United States of Belgium. the type of the coins is clearly different, apart from the Lion of Brabant, an older symbol.

2 options.
1. We transfer them to Belgium, creating a currency "Brabant Revolution Gulden".
That recognizes that this period had some strong implications for the 1830 future revolution.
Inconvenient. Anti Krause. But more seriously, is in fact a territory that is not exactly present Belgium, and I am not 100 % sure of the historical link between the 3 revolutions.

2. Create, within the Austrian Netherlands, the same currency.
More simple, follows Krause.
Inconvenient. Keeps the coins under Empire, and the negative of the previous historical point. Does not recognize a possible link between the 2 revolutions.

Your ideas ?

André
Quand l'Histoire et la Géographie se croisent sur nos pièces de monnaie ...
Referee for Austria-Habsburg, Austrian Netherlands, Austrian States, Bohemia, Silesia.
Traducteur, demandez en cas de besoin ! Translator, ask if you need !
As a historian - yes, there is a clear link between those revolutions.
So I would choose Belgium over Austrian Netherlands.

This was their territory: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/United_States_of_Belgium_%281790%29.svg

It is anti-Krause, but I personally think we should take a more historical view of such events. And I would always take them as first coins of Belgium.

But there should be new currency created in Belgium coinage, with clear reference to Austrian Netherlands.
Catalogue administrator
Little up just in case someone has an opinion ...
Referee for Austria-Habsburg, Austrian Netherlands, Austrian States, Bohemia, Silesia.
I agree with the decision, nothing wrong with being "anti-Krause" since we do it all the time... ;)

With regards to Austrian and Spanish Netherlands, I don't see why they are not listed together as one single country, since they share the same territory
Kenny

- Verifying your Asian and British-territorial coins everyday with the best quality photos and the best information.

Check out my Facebook, Kenneth Gucyski.
Quote: "KennyG"​I agree with the decision, nothing wrong with being "anti-Krause" since we do it all the time... ;)

​With regards to Austrian and Spanish Netherlands, I don't see why they are not listed together as one single country, since they share the same territory
​Because The Spanish conquered same parts of the Netherlands in the 80years war. They even came up to Holland, thats the reason why they not have the same territory
Pleae check my own coin shop:

https://www.lastdodo.nl/nl/shops/Jelle097

World wide shipping for the real shipping price!
Quote: "jelle"
Quote: "KennyG"​​With regards to Austrian and Spanish Netherlands, I don't see why they are not listed together as one single country, since they share the same territory

​Hello,
Let me open a new post for that Kenny. The idea is interesting and deserves thinking but ... :D
Done. Option 2. The most simple.
Our belgium collegues did not react. I supposexthey don't care.
Everything was better than letting it way it was before. Thanks. :`
Catalogue administrator

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 19:45.