UK Bullion 2 Pounds (Gold) cannot find it in catalogues or online

7 posts
Hello all, could someone tell me why I cant find any information on a Bullion Proof 2 Pound gold coin 2003 from the UK with the old bust of Queen Elisabeth II and George slaying the dragon on the Reverse.
Material Gold
Weight is 15.9 to 16g
Diameter is 28.45 mm

I purchased the coin from my Bank the Schwäbische Bank in Stuttgart Germany as an investment in 2005

just today I realised that I cant seem to find it in catalogues.

If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Spink and CC 2015 issues show nothing about the £2.
This is the only thing I have found so far.
http://www.coinandbullionpages.com/english-gold-coins/two-pound-coin.html
Restoration addict : Verdigris Removal : Zinc White spot removal : Iron Rust Removal : Silver brooch/necklace mount Removal
Strange. I just checked it too and indeed it's not in the Krause.
It's a double sovereign sold as part of the '4 proof coin sets' - Whilst the set of 3 had the commemorative coin, the 4 set had george and the dragon.

http://www.royalmint.com/discover/uk-coins/circulation-coin-mintage-figures/2003-dated-uk-collector-coin-sales

The set had a half, a full, and a double/£2 coin.
Thanks Oggy for clearing up everything.
Still a little strange that these coins are not found in any catalogue and that there is so little information available.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Having checked my 44th Edition Spink from 2009, I was able to see that it is listed (the reference is Sp#4420, I believe) and this is confirmed by the link posted earlier in the thread.

Since I joined Mark as referee for the UK catalogue, I have been doing a lot of cross-referencing with Spink of the current listings (which are for the most part based on Krause) and updating the pages.

However, since I started with pre-decimal fractional farthings, I haven't yet had a chance to get to the decimal Double Sovereigns but now this has been brought to my attention I will get the Numista page corrected.

Edit: Newly updated catalogue listing can be seen here: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces62708.html
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon.

Coin catalogue referee for England, United Kingdom & pre-Union South Africa.
Banknote catalogue referee for England & United Kingdom.
Quote: "Fluke"Spink and CC 2015 issues show nothing about the £2.
That's why I didn't check my Spink 2015. But after Radrick007 told it was in the Spink 2009 I checked it after all.
Fluke, I think you overlooked it. It is also in the Spink 2015, decimal issues, page 57, reference number Sp# 4420:
2003 Proof FDC, value £500, originally issued in the Royal Mint set PGS38 (mintage 2.050). PGS stands for Gold Sovereign Proof Sets and these are not recorded in Krause.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 13:46.