Philippines coins subdivision

6 posts
Dear Numista administrators,
Inserting my coins from Philippines I found that perhaps the subdivision of these coins may be improved, by adding new category.
Precisely, the category "Peso (1864-date)"
may be subdivided at least in
Republic (1946-date)
United States Administration Commonwealth (1935-1946)
United States Administration (1898-1935)
Unfortunately this kind of modification cannot be done by users of the site, as adding or modifying a coin

Kind regards
CirculableCoins
Talk to the team. They just did the same thing with Czechoslovakia
I will look onto it, probably after weekend.

Regards,
Jarek
Catalogue administrator
Technically we can list pre US administration as "Spanish East Indies". Should we list Spanish issues separately, or keep them within Philippines?
Kenny

- Verifying your Asian and British-territorial coins everyday with the best quality photos and the best information.

Check out my Facebook, Kenneth Gucyski.
I would keep all with Philippines, even though the Spanish named the entire colony Indias Orientales (Philippines including some Pacific islands such as Guam and the Marianas) the Philippines itself were just known as Philippines, named after Spanish King Philip II (Felipe II). It's also to avoid extra confusion with more novice catalogue users.

The American Administration era I would just use as one, no need to split that further in my opinion.

For the record there never was a currency reform. All political eras just continued to use the Peso, later renamed Piso to make it sound more local.

If we would go with Spanish East Indies we might as well split New Spain off of Mexico and cause a Mexican peppered debate :-)
Yes it's good to keep the Spanish Philippines together, although the different governments should be separate, to revisit OP's concern
Kenny

- Verifying your Asian and British-territorial coins everyday with the best quality photos and the best information.

Check out my Facebook, Kenneth Gucyski.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 00:00.