She's gonna kill me...

21 posts

» Quick access to the last post

I just broke my coin budget by about 1500 percent.
I am so dead.
Help!
Just tell your significant other that the car needed some work, they'll never know.
Quote: "neilithic"​Just tell your significant other that the car needed some work, they'll never know.
​Here speaks the voice of experience :D
Quote: "neilithic"​Just tell your significant other that the car needed some work, they'll never know.
​Yes, good answer and I could make it work. Except for the fact that I last owned a car in 1997. She owns and drives the truck, all those wonders I leave to others.
I've allways been a bit of a flight risk. I love to travel and see new places and folks.
Poor impulse control, trouble and strife knows this.
Quote: "oggy"
​​Here speaks the voice of experience :D
;)
Better sell some old ones off to pay for this new one.
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
If you bought it at market value, you should be able to sell it for a majority of what you paid for it.
Buying gold and electrum coins 700bc-1950ad
Muenzenhamster is a healthy part of our community and should not be censored
Quote: "ard"
​​Yes, good answer and I could make it work. Except for the fact that I last owned a car in 1997. She owns and drives the truck, all those wonders I leave to others.
​I've allways been a bit of a flight risk. I love to travel and see new places and folks.
​Poor impulse control, trouble and strife knows this.
​Blame the Government its Tax Season... or if you cant play that card just find the nearest Tiffany shop ;)
JustforFun...
Tell her that you had a good return on a very small investment from a strange bank in Panama
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1
Quote: "COINMAN1"​Tell her that you had a good return on a very small investment from a strange bank in Panama
​This has me in stitches
Quote: "ard"​I just broke my coin budget by about 1500 percent.
​I am so dead.
​Help!
​Yes, but was it worth it? Let's see the coin.
Try being 1500 percent nicer to her. That might be your only hope
​I've allways been a bit of a flight risk. I love to travel and see new places and folks.
​Poor impulse control, trouble and strife knows this.

​Brian, you are truly my spiritual brother. I can't stand arguments, sulking or nagging. The moment it starts I'm outta there like a scalded cat. For many years I absolutely refused to own anything which wouldn't fit into a single suitcase.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Quote: "pnightingale"

​​I've allways been a bit of a flight risk. I love to travel and see new places and folks.
​​Poor impulse control, trouble and strife knows this.

​​Brian, you are truly my spiritual brother. I can't stand arguments, sulking or nagging. The moment it starts I'm outta there like a scalded cat. For many years I absolutely refused to own anything which wouldn't fit into a single suitcase.

​I believe that cat of yours would not really liked it, being squashed in the suitcase with all other stuff. B)
Catalogue administrator
Here's an idea. Get a bag from a local jewellers shop, make sure she sees it, say "I saw this in the shop and I needed to get it for your birthday" then hide it somewhere. That way you have until her birthday to save up for something to put in the bag, and you also look like a caring thoughtful partner.
Or give that coin to her. :)
Catalogue administrator
You are "toast" my friend.

I'll know "IF" you have survived the gauntlet...... we'll go spinning into space as gravity has been altered.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.  It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so.  Mark Twain
Quote: "Jarcek"​Or give that coin to her. :)
​Hell no!
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Within bulletproof suitcase with anchor tied to it of course. :D
Catalogue administrator
Now what's your budget?
Lol.
I have untill the 15th or so when the coins are due to arrive and be signed for, there be the rub. If I can recieve the package without her catching on then all will be fine.
No out and bold lie, I'll simply carry on as if things are perfetly normal, nothing to see here, move along. Keep an eye on the tracking and try to get her to go shopping in town when they look likely to be delivered.
So, what did I get?
I purchased a small collection of 88 carefully selected late Roman bronzes. About 25 percent will go directly into my collection. The rest are types I've not yet studied, so looking forward to new sub-collections. Endless themes available to the collector, I like die varieties and Roman coins are great for that angle.

Sell... sell? What... the... yes I have lots to sell off as I grow and refine my collection goals.

Oh, and I have been doing all the cooking and dishwashing without prompting, but let's not give her reason to be suspicious, as JRo69 wisely suggests.

Phil, we are "the perishing breed" as Jack London might say of our windmills.

Thanks to all for the support and fingers crossed.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 05:48.