(CCIP) Co-operative catalogue improvement project - Image cropping

952 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Hi all! <:D

Once more, I would like to ask you for more help on the catalogue, this time with image cropping.
Below will be list of coins that are in need of cropping so that they would have entirely white background.

Only one strict rule - when modifying images, choose option to leave the same SOURCE of the IMAGE. Requests that will change image source, will be rejected.

Please leave a note, if and when you do some of them, so I can either BOLD or simply delete them from the list.

BEFORE STARTING - PLEASE CHECK FRENCH VERSION - IF THE WORK YOU ARE GOING TO DO IS NOT DONE ALREADY - https://fr.numista.com/forum/topic49686.html#p414546
Catalogue administrator
Nice initiative, even if cropping is not easy for everyone.

As I'm not able to do so, feel free to ask the same for coins I'm in charge ;)
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
Catalogue administrator, numerous Antique nations and Lorraine referee.
Maybe we could ask the French side? As pictures are something we share.. B)
Catalogue administrator
Excellent idea.
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
Following. Jarcek, I will start working on my list ASAP and PM them to you.
Hello,

change requests with cropped pictures introduced for
Section A, number 1-10
Referee for Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany 1871-1948, Prussia,  Brandenburg, Nassau
Many thanks! <:D We will gradually add more on the list. (There are literally hundreds, maybe several thousands of those...)
Catalogue administrator
idem for
Section A, number 11-20
Referee for Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany 1871-1948, Prussia,  Brandenburg, Nassau
idem for
Section A, number 21-30

I make a break now :)
<:D Many thanks!!! I would say nothing if you took brake after doing just 10... B) You very much deserve it!

EDIT: Section A is now DONE.
Catalogue administrator
French side started to work on B1-10
Wow, what a great initiative, that is a huge amount of work that needs doing on the catalogue and it is one of my pet peeves so huge respect for taking on this task and instigating members' help to make it happen :wiz:
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon.

Coin catalogue referee for England, United Kingdom & pre-Union South Africa.
Banknote catalogue referee for England & United Kingdom.
E section fully done in French forum, again
Thanks, I updated it here. Will add more tommorow.

Radrick - I do not take credit, Ntnh came with this idea first. B)
Catalogue administrator
Section B 11 - 20
BOINC
Merci for posting here too. <:D
Catalogue administrator
on both sides
BOINC
I did these three from Section D [07 11 27]

and others I could not do as either the pictures were taken from an angle,
or the coin was 12-sided. Some pictures I have also rotated,and one I had to brighten as it was very dark.
Also done D28 D29 D30
and done C20 22 23 24 25 27 28 and 30 ...
and will do the rest of Section B as in 21 to 30 ...
(I made in bold myself the links in main list that I have done above,
to make it easier for anyone to see which are now left - so no duplicate work done).
Thanks, I just looked at this as stupid goat, trying to figure out what happened. :D<:D

Many thanks for all the work you and all others done. I have a little free time, so I will add a few more now.
Catalogue administrator
Hopefully not done, keeping up with what is or is not done isn't easy. so I just went and did some regardless of if they have already been done.

Section C 1-10 done.
Restoration addict : Verdigris Removal : Zinc White spot removal : Iron Rust Removal : Silver brooch/necklace mount Removal
Thanks! <:D
Catalogue administrator
Section C 11-19 Done
Section C 21, 26, 29 Done

So that should be C complete?
Restoration addict : Verdigris Removal : Zinc White spot removal : Iron Rust Removal : Silver brooch/necklace mount Removal
Many thanks! <:D And you are right! Whole C is done!
Catalogue administrator
Section D completed

I don't think I missed any but because I did them all at once, there is a slight chance I may have missed one.
Wow! Another one! B. Thanks! :wiz:
Catalogue administrator
Section F 1 - 10 for me !
BOINC
Quote: "CREPOSUC"Section F 1 - 10 for me !
​This is not "Double espresso for me"? :O
Thanks! <:D I will post maybe two more sesctions today (do not want to have more than 5 at once, so the thread won't be so long.)
Catalogue administrator
DONE
Even better, I already deleted them. B) Thanks!
Catalogue administrator
Typical, The 5 posts above were not there when I started......:~

I just submitted F 1-15 and was about to do the rest. ;(
B) These thing will inevitably happen...

But many thanks, I just validated your requests.
Catalogue administrator
So we can bold all F section then?
I will do it, when somebody says he will done something, I see no reason to wait. :)
Catalogue administrator
Quote: "chomp-master"​So we can bold all F section then?
​Isn't there still F -12-30 to do before that? or has it been done on French forum?...:.
Oh, we all misunderstood each other. Bolding just F 1-15 then.
Catalogue administrator
No, fortunately. I just bolded already after reading you.
OK...I will do them all now. 12-30

I will see what I can do for number 11
Just added some more. And bolding F.
Catalogue administrator
F should be complete now. Just submitted 16-30, they were so confusing with some missing one image and others that were the same coin but different varieties. Didn't enjoy these..8~

Would it not be better for someone to claim one lot rather than many doing the same coin without realising, it is wasted time when it could be better used on those that are not touched.

I would be happy to take on all of G, but just starting I can see the first one is already done. now I don't want to carry on in case someone else is already doing them. 8.
G 2-15 done.... moving on to G16-30.
Just realised - when you say that you are moving on G16 - 30, do you mind that I unlink those lines, or do you want me to keep those links working yet a little longer?
Catalogue administrator
Yeah, I need the links active for a little longer :D
Sorry, next time I will only bold them when you or somebody else say - I will do this. :°
Catalogue administrator
Now you can remove the links and then Bold G 16-30, I have them all and will be done in the next hour.
H 21 - 30 for me
Vous pouvez les bold je les ai enregistrés sous Word
Google :
You can bold them I recorded in Word
BOINC
Section I 1 to 10 done
BOINC
I 11 to 20 take-off
BOINC
<:D Many thanks for your hard work!

Will add one or two new sections.
Catalogue administrator
Section I 21 - 30 take off
Section I out
BOINC
The people working on this project are doing a fantastic job. However it seems like it will be a never ending battle. I notice that about half of the "Latest Coins" listed have uncropped colored backgrounds. It appears that something has to be done to keep these things from entering the catalog in the first place.
You are right, it will be long fight and maybe it will never end. But with each piece, we move forward - just look at all these old coins - all of them are cropped. Somebody have been doing this well before most of us came to this site.

I just want to fix this part a bit!
Catalogue administrator
It's better than doing nothing.
I am not trying to downgrade the excellent work that everybody on this project is doing. I also realize that doing something constructive is better than doing nothing. It's just my observation that in the long run it would be nice to not have to come back and continually fix these things. I, however do not have an answer to this dilemna and would not be in a position to implement one if I did.
J 1 to 10 TAKE
it at least to make
BOINC
I submitted 28 and 30 of section L, but i'm not sure if i did it right.
Thanks,
noah
J 11 - 20
BOINC
Quote: "eug"​The people working on this project are doing a fantastic job. However it seems like it will be a never ending battle. I notice that about half of the "Latest Coins" listed have uncropped colored backgrounds. It appears that something has to be done to keep these things from entering the catalog in the first place.

The only way this would work is if there was a custom upload image editor, so you can crop the Image.

I think people are well enough aware of the point you are making, it is a flawed system which is being attended to by the members to show support until a better solution is applied. ;)
You can take away Section J
BOINC
Got informed that L1-10 are done too.
I'm working on K1 to K10
312 pays dans ma collection
Billets à l'échange sur colnect
Many thanks, all of you! <:D

Added new sections.
Catalogue administrator
Got the rest of 'L' section knocked out!
Thanks,
noah
I work on K 11-20 tomorrow morning ;)
Je collectionne les circulantes par millésime, de tout les pays du Monde.
i take Section M 1 to 30
see you soon.
BOINC
K1 to K10 done.
I take K21 to 30.
I will take N 1-30
Referee for Pre-Euro Ireland
You guys are awesome! <:D :8D Now I have to add some more. :D
Catalogue administrator
K21 to 30 done.

I've also worked on crimean coins.
N 1-30 done
Referee for Pre-Euro Ireland
In 3,5 hours, power should be back online here and I will add some more. B) Thanks for your work so far, you are amazing!
Catalogue administrator
Power got back little earlier. <:D
Catalogue administrator
Jarcek, go no!
We have been missing the leadership skills here, finally we get closer!
Good job!
Section M finish in the box
I take Section O 1 to 10
DONE
BOINC
I take O11 to 20.
Done
I'm working on O 21-30 EDIT : Done
I take P 1 to 10
done
i TAKE P 11 to 20
DONE ALSO
BOINC
P1-20 & Q1-10 done
P 21 - 30 I take
Section P finish
BOINC
Many thanks to you all!B)
Catalogue administrator
I TAKE Section Q 11 - 20 finish
Q 21 to 30 take
Section Q finish
BOINC
I take R11 to R20
R1-10 was already taken.
I have hard time to keep up! :D

I will add more sections in the evening.
Catalogue administrator
R11 to R20 done
i TAKE S 1-10
DONE
BOINC
Three more sections added. :)
Catalogue administrator
S 11 - 20 take
edit : DONE
S 21-30 IN PROGRESS
BOINC
Section S out ! :)
BOINC
You are tireless. B.
Catalogue administrator
https://fr.numista.com/forum/topic49686.html#p414546
:x :x :x
Section R 21-30 IN WORK Section R FINISH
BOINC
I take T 1-10 EDIT : Done
Hi
I take T 11-20
edit : done
BOINC
Many thanks guys! Impressive work at Romanian catalog. :`
I take T 21-30 done
BOINC
I take U 1-10 EDIT : Done
600 coins done! You guys are amazing! <:D
Catalogue administrator
:wiz:
U 11-20 DONE
BOINC
Added two more sections! B)
Catalogue administrator

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 13:28.