please add this coin to the catalogue [solved]

13 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Austria-Habsburg 20 kreuzer 1781-E

"For by telling them of many things without teaching them you will make them seem to know much, while for the most part they know nothing"
-Plato
Hello dear,

If you don't mind, it would be really nice to send us a picture of the other side, plus, if possible, some additional information such as weight and diameter.

The rest, I guess I can take in charge. It should be KM#2068.1, the type without lion face on shoulder, but given the character a bit ... stiff ... of your request, it can only be a guess.

My best regards,

André

:D

PS. It will be a nice addition !
PPS. I am absolutely sorry for my awful English, it is not my mother language.
Quand l'Histoire et la Géographie se croisent sur nos pièces de monnaie ...
Referee for Austria-Habsburg, Austrian Netherlands, Austrian States, Bohemia, Silesia.
Traducteur, demandez en cas de besoin ! Translator, ask if you need !
Hi Andre,

Your English is fine, no worries :)
I am the one who needs to apogize, because I was a bit unclear with my message. I only would like that 1781 E could be added to the date list of KM# 2069.

Best regards, Pepijn
"For by telling them of many things without teaching them you will make them seem to know much, while for the most part they know nothing"
-Plato
Hello Pepijn,

The date 1781 E is not referenced in Krause for the KM#2069 (type with undressed and narrower bust), and worse, it is neither in the Herinek catalogue.

That is why I would like to have a picture of the obverse before adding a line, to make sure it is not the type with dressed wider bust (KM#2068). Herinek has it for 1781 E as #241, even with a picture.

The legend of your coin seems to end with M D HETR (Magnus Dux Hetruriae), which supports this last hypothesis. The undressed bust type seems to have mostly M D HET (without R).

Regards, André
Referee for Austria-Habsburg, Austrian Netherlands, Austrian States, Bohemia, Silesia.
Here's a picture of the obverse:

-Plato
Great.
Your coin is definitely not KM#2069 but KM#2068.1 referenced as Her#241
The bottom of the bust is dressed and broader.

If you don't mind, I will use your picture to create a new sheet (unless you like to do it :) for your record).
If later we find a better pic, we will change it.

If you can read the legend on the coin itself, it will be much easier than on the picture.

Regards, André
No problem, do as you wish. Would you like a sharper picture of the reverse? I realised the first one is a bit blurry...

It's also hard for me to read the coin on the reverse I can only make up the following:

MDHNIR . 1781 . X ARCHAUSTDHLTH

And on the obverse:

HUNGBOHKLX IOSTIDGKOM and the rest is unreadable. I can vaguely see the mintmark E but because it's so worn off, it almost looks like a B.

I'm not sure if this is helpful, because the inscription is so worn so I'm not sure if it's 100% legit.
-Plato
Here's a better picture by the way:

-Plato
Quote: "Lotus07"​No problem, do as you wish. Would you like a sharper picture of the reverse? I realised the first one is a bit blurry...

​It's also hard for me to read the coin on the reverse I can only make up the following:

​MDHNIR . 1781 . X ARCHAUSTDHLTH

​And on the obverse:

​HUNGBOHKLX IOSTIDGKOM and the rest is unreadable. I can vaguely see the mintmark E but because it's so worn off, it almost looks like a B.

​I'm not sure if this is helpful, because the inscription is so worn so I'm not sure if it's 100% legit.

From what I can see on Herinek's picture (small and not so good), legends are as follows (starting 1h on both sides):
Obverse
​IOS II D G ROM IMP // S A GER HUNG BOH REX
Stands for "Iosephus II Dei Gratia Romanorum Imperator Semper Augustus Germaniae Hungariae Bohemiae Rex"

Reverse
ARCH AVST D B LOTH // M D HETR date X
For "Archidux Austriae Dux Burgundiae Lotharingiae Magnus Dux Hetruriae"

It seems to fit. If you add the spaces for the unreadable letters 8)
Yes you're right! I don't have that catalogue unfortunately, so I can only make assumptions! ;)
-Plato
Done: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces89654.html
You can check your coin now :)

Regards, André
Quote: "Ecapoe"​Done: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces89654.html
​You can check your coin now :)

​Regards, André
​Great, thank you! :)
-Plato
Hi,

I received some coins from a friend who just arrived back in South Africa from Guatamale.

Upon adding them to my collection, I noticed that the 2014 10 Centavos is not in the catalogue. I have received two of these from the guy, can they please be added?

See pics.

Robert Cronje

Robert Cronje

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 13:30.