My best bank find ever

4 posts
Last Friday I picked up 5 half dollar rolls from my credit union. My first time from this credit union. As I was completing 3 swaps I did not open until today. First roll 20 50% silver. I found 43 more in the other 4 rolls for a total of 63 coins. The only problem all dirty and in poor condition. I am still happy and will go back to the credit union again tomorrow.
Looking for more countries. Open for Swaps.
Quote: "Sim420"​Last Friday I picked up 5 half dollar rolls from my credit union. My first time from this credit union. As I was completing 3 swaps I did not open until today. First roll 20 50% silver. I found 43 more in the other 4 rolls for a total of 63 coins. The only problem all dirty and in poor condition. I am still happy and will go back to the credit union again tomorrow.
​That's awesome!! My best find was when I went to a local bank, asked for all of the rolls of halves they had, and everyone of them were 40% silver! (It made my day to say the least!) Even though someone either cashed in their collection for face value, or they got robbed by someone, and trying to get rid of them in a hurry.
It's great when that happens isn't it? I was at a small bank in a little Vermont town and saw the teller had some halves so I asked for them... Turned out to be a bunch of 90% and 40%. She even told me to come back at the end of the week because she had a couple dollars of halves in rolls that I could go through... It was a good time!
I went back to the CU this morning to see if they hand any more rolls. 5 rolls all 100 halves 1966-1969. These are the only 2 times I have obtained rolls from this CU but I will be checking with them on a regular basis.
Looking for more countries. Open for Swaps.
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 24-Jan-2019, 00:00)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 13:46.