1758 Great Britain 1 Shilling

6 posts
NGC Graded. A very nice coins. $175 shipped to anywhere in the U.S and may consider international if shipping is paid. Thanks!

Very nice coin, it's a shame some one tried to make it "nicer."
"Time is money." - Benjamin Franklin
Check out some of the coins in my collection:
https://collectivecoin.com/RTScott1978
Weirdly enough, they didn't label it as Cleaned. They would if they thought it was. Personally, I think it is, but their must have been some doubt at NGC.
Meh, what do NGC know, they can't even get the coin the right way up in the holder!

It's a beauty of a coin, scratches or not. It would make a great candidate for a "pocket piece".
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Quote: "pnightingale"Meh, what do NGC know, they can't even get the coin the right way up in the holder!
Completely agreed. If I have to pay a big fee for grading/slabbing my coin I certainly wouldn't be happy when my coin returns in that skew position in the holder.
It's also likely graded wrong. Hard to tell definitively from poor pictures, but it should be at least AU details I think.

Potentially could be interested depending on detailed high res pictures, but if I were you I'd consider breaking it out of the slab and consign it to DNW/Baldwin. It's not worth $175 with that grade on the slab though.
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 24-Jan-2019, 00:01)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 14:06.