Hurricane Matthew

17 posts

» Quick access to the last post

I am swapping with a member from North Carolina right now, and it made Hurricane Matthew a bit more personal to me. I hope all are well and safe.

Has anyone evacuated?

My thoughts are with our friends in the path of the storm....
Referee for Pre-Euro Ireland
All calm here, no rain or wind yet. It's tracking up the other side of Florida so we should be OK even if it makes landfall. A bit of flooding and a few tree limbs in the yard is all we're expecting but we've got 20 gallons of petrol for the generator and two boxes of 12 gauge shot just in case.

Poor old Matt (Yeackle) just moved to Florida in time for the storm. They're right dead centre, I've just spoken to him and he's fine. No evacuating, it's usually best to sit tight and wait it out.

Every year the local news runs the same story of retards surfing during a Hurricane. I don't mind them getting their Darwin Awards but I don't like that our emergency service personnel have to risk their lives to rescue them. Governor Scott, probably the best Governor in all 50 States, was just making a broadcast where he plainly stated that after 8pm anyone in the evacuation zones is on their own, help won't be coming. Good call Guv. Let the Purge begin!
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
All calm in North Carolina right now. We aren't expecting anything until later tomorrow. It ewill hit the coastal counties the worst. I'm 100 miles inland and we are expecting heavy rain. They have already announced they are closing schools 2 hours early tomorrow though.
Yep just moved from the coast of North Crolina to dead center where the storm is hitting in Florida. I had the wife and kids evacuate but I have to stay home to protect my coins. I also have to face the storm they named after me. Lol

I hope everyone else stays safe I'll hold down the fort here in Melbourne.
My prayers are with you, guys. Stay safe.
ROMAE AETERNAE
I have a friend who was going to be in Cuba this week but they forgot to book. That was months ago, they're definitely thankful for that now.

I have friends up the US coast, it skirted by one of my friends in Florida only to hit land just North of them. Definitely keeping a close eye (pun not intended) on this one.
My friend, coincidentally named Matthew, had his trip to Myrtle Beach, SC, delayed by a few days because of the storm. But at least he's not going to face the wrath of the storm.
To everyone in the area keep safe. Keep your head low and your powder dry.
Myeacakle will mail your coin now on Monday. Phil same with you I will mail you on monday
It is, what it is, or is it.
No rush Daryl, I'm trying to find my SBA dollars so I can give you the needed dates.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Thank you everyone for your prayers I'm happy to say I made it through the storm without injury. I lost my fence and am going to need a new roof on the house but thankfully that's it.... My coin collection is still intact and safe thankfully. I hope that everyone else out there made it through safely.

Matt
Quote: "Myeackle"​Thank you everyone for your prayers I'm happy to say I made it through the storm without injury. I lost my fence and am going to need a new roof on the house but thankfully that's it.... My coin collection is still intact and safe thankfully. I hope that everyone else out there made it through safely.

​Matt
​good to hear !
Quote: "Myeackle"​Thank you everyone for your prayers I'm happy to say I made it through the storm without injury. I lost my fence and am going to need a new roof on the house but thankfully that's it.... My coin collection is still intact and safe thankfully. I hope that everyone else out there made it through safely.

​Matt
​Very glad to hear that!
Catalogue administrator
In no way wishing to belittle the severity of this awful weather , but I wonder why they need to give the storms cute names or indeed names. There is a probably a valid reason I don't know. Anyway glad all safe.
Quote: "iknw07554"​In no way wishing to belittle the severity of this awful weather , but I wonder why they need to give the storms cute names or indeed names. There is a probably a valid reason I don't know. Anyway glad all safe.
​I don't know exactly but generally they name them each one up the alphabet so the next one could be called Nathan or Ned I believe..
Next one is Nicole and already spinning around in the Atlantic
Male and Female names are succeding each other, going from A to Z every year. It is done for easy knowing about which storm metrologist are talking about. Because there can be several active at once.
Catalogue administrator
Thanks for that .. I knew there be a reason..... Luckily us Brits don't have to face such dangers .regards all

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 09:42.