Trading with America

10 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Weird enough the post costs from Holland to the USA are the same as the post costs to lets say Germany or Belgium. As example: a regulair letter with a weight of 20 till 50 gram cost me 2,5 euro. On the other way my USA swap partners do pay a little fortune to semd me a letter.
Exception is the registered mail, which is 11,50 euro to Europe and 16,50 euro to the USA.

In other words it's always a pleasure to swap with my USA trade partners, but do they think the same?
Cents are money too!
I don't mind sending to the Netherlands. Most the time i send regular mail. What is fine as long as the trade is for 20-25 coins.
Quote: "Eerovisser"​I don't mind sending to the Netherlands. Most the time i send regular mail. What is fine as long as the trade is for 20-25 coins.
​That's the only way you can get enough compensation for the costs you make.
Cents are money too!
I agree regular mail for 20 to 25 coins is fine but registered is double the price. I have had many swaps to Europe with regular mail and nothing has been lost so far.
Looking for more countries. Open for Swaps.
Tony, Netherlands to New Zealand same price as Netherlands to Belgium... Stupid system here...

Only registerd post works diffrent, there you pay outisde Europe 5euro more.
Pleae check my own coin shop:

https://www.lastdodo.nl/nl/shops/Jelle097

World wide shipping for the real shipping price!
Quote: "jelle"​Tony, Netherlands to New Zealand same price as Netherlands to Belgium... Stupid system here...

​Only registerd post works diffrent, there you pay outisde Europe 5euro more.
​Wow Jelle, didn't notice that before. Always nice to know, thanks.
Cents are money too!
In Portugal we are very happy due to the low cost:
-A pack up to 2,0 Kg (Yes, two kilograms), registered mail, costs 3.95 € to any country, no matter if it is Spain or New Zeeland.
Referee to Old Portuguese colonies
And in Canada, I have to pay CAD$68 (~45 euro) for a registered package above 1 kg to Spain or Portugal. Regular mail to Europe (100-300g) - almost 6 euro, registered letter to Europe (the same 100-300g) - 18 euro. More or less the same for all other continents.
That sucks!
There is a time for everything - Il y a un temps pour tout - Всему есть свое время - Для всього свій час, і година своя кожній справі під небом
In New Zealand we can send 200gms letter standard mail anywhere in the world for $2.70 NZ about $1.89 US so must be one of the cheapest rates in the world for regular mail-- but alas registered is far too expensive $40- $70 for same amount
However only 3 out of over 330 numista trades and 100,s of Ebay lots have gone missing , so standard is fine for me
Quote: "monge"​In Portugal we are very happy due to the low cost:
​-A pack up to 2,0 Kg (Yes, two kilograms), registered mail, costs 3.95 € to any country, no matter if it is Spain or New Zeeland.
​I guess we Europeans just have our overseas shipments make a little detour to Portugal first and ship'em from there then :wiz:
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 24-Jan-2019, 00:04)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 03:32.