Is it just me...

13 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Is if just me that waits eagerly refreshing her e-mails hoping to get e-mails from people she is swapping with or who scans the "swaps and trades" section every day at least 3 times a day looking for new things to look at/read/be interested in (not necessarily to buy/swap but just to have some stuff to look at)?
Is it just me that is really eager to get swaps done asap so can get them sent of and rated and get lovely coins?
Is it me that replies within a few hours to e-mails and gets so excited about things?

I'm starting to think maybe it's because I am perhaps from a different generation (younger) or perhaps I am quite sad... and I don't know which :')
Nope you are not alone there lol :)

If I'm not in work "sneakily" checking on the forums etc, I'm at home on the computer there checking for messages/checking forums, and even travelling to and from work I'm on my phone doing the same thing!
If I have the time. I will take a look around while id coins or putting them in flips. Which iam still way behind with.
It is, what it is, or is it.
Well on the sad side, you are away from family and friends. It is hard. keep your head up.
But I think it some you like (coin collecting) And something to make time easier. And if bitten hard by the coin collecting bug you will even dream about coins. You take care and have a safe holiday. Have some fun.
It is, what it is, or is it.
I have the same issue and it later led me to the referee position for 14 countries and catalog master referee position :D
ROMAE AETERNAE
Same here, I checke my phone all the time. I have two 15 minute breaks and a half hour break at work and I am always on the site looking forward to messages. Reading the forum. I decided to stop trading for awhile. Finishing up my last 4 trades. Because I am reorganizing my collection. But it is so hard. Is like an addiction to me. Love coins and all the history you learn about the countries.
It's not just you.

On this site minimum twice a day. Ebay a couple of times a week. Probably have 200+ coins on my desk that need sorting at any given time..

It's a hobby. Find your comfort zone and run with it.

Enjoy!!!
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.  It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so.  Mark Twain
I'm glad to hear it lol :') I love doing swaps and finding lovely coins and I probably spend wayyy too much on coins for what a student should (especially as I'm on Erasmus in France and leaving on Monday so the last few weeks been spending more trying to fill blanks etc.)
In my case, girlfriend saves my sanity. :D Otherwise I would be here 24/7.
Catalogue administrator
Having over 15,000 coins, I always wish that the postal system could work at the speed of light.

Knowing a package has been posted only hightens the anxiety of that long 5-15 day wait. This is usually gets the heart beating faster.
Trust of the postal system then makes things worse, but all ends when the package arrives and karma settles over my house.
Then the pleasure of logging them to my database and admiring them. I think this feeling beats the waiting game.
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1
Wey no. We all do it at the moment I've barely been online so may have missed something. Unfortunately trades slow down for me these days as My swap list is a mess and also I only really need scarce or expensive coins these days so it makes my already niche collection harder to swap with.
I'm constantly checking to see if anyone has sent me any entries for the MPCC. But they don't come in that often, If you guys are swapping all the time then you should have plenty of coins to enter ;)

Kidding of course, but you can probably see from the number of posts I have made that I spend a bit of time on here. I usually check every hour or so when I'm at work. I'm like "Boss is coming" 0:) "Boss is gone again" X-D
Since I'm not working nowadays, I'm always on here (when I'm not on facebook (8)
I keep checking the forums for new posts
and I check the "latest coins" few times everyday 0:)
Catalog Master Referee & Referee for UAE
https://www.instagram.com/amer.coins
Amer Salmeh

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 01:58.