WARNING ABOUT VOTING WITH MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS

25 posts

» Quick access to the last post

WARNING - USERS HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED AS VOTING WITH MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS. ALL VOTES CAST BY THESE USERS HAVE BEEN DISCOUNTED AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE DISCOUNTED IN FUTURE ROUNDS, AS WELL AS ANY MORE USERS IDENTIFIED AS VOTING WITH MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS.

YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED ONE VOTE, DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT
I think their coin should be disqualified.
Pleae check my own coin shop:

https://www.lastdodo.nl/nl/shops/Jelle097

World wide shipping for the real shipping price!
Quote: "jelle"​I think their coin should be disqualified.
​Agree.
Quote: "Andy289"
​​Agree.
​Totally agree. Name and shame the dirtbags and ban them from all future competitions.

It's important to get the names out in the public eye. Numista is far more than just the MPCC. Anyone who would create bogus accounts to steal donated prizes will surely be using those accounts to generate fake feedback. I wouldn't want to be starting a swap with someone who has proven himself to be a low rent cheat, I think members deserve to know who these people are so they can be avoided.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
I'm not sure it's up to me to name them. They were identified by Oggy with his new admin tools, I'll leave it up to him to decide whether to name them or if he has anything else planned. I wouldn't want to step on his toes by naming them if he's got something else planned.
Aye, that's fair enough.

I'm sure Oggy will do the right thing by the decent majority.
Quote: "neilithic"​I'm not sure it's up to me to name them. They were identified by Oggy with his new admin tools, I'll leave it up to him to decide whether to name them or if he has anything else planned. I wouldn't want to step on his toes by naming them if he's got something else planned.
​How many points are disqualified?
Pleae check my own coin shop:

https://www.lastdodo.nl/nl/shops/Jelle097

World wide shipping for the real shipping price!
I hope nobody voted for my coin with their multiple accounts... ;(

I agree, their coins should be disqualified.

Also I hope Oggy's considering at least divulging the names of the fraudsters, since at least one of them has indeed been using a fake account to vote on the MPCC and to give himself fake swap feedbacks.
3 votes were discounted in each round, luckily none affected the result of the round.

It really hurt because three of them were for my South American coin which was eliminated last round. ;)
Same here with my Bahamas 1971 Flamingo Silver proof 2 Dollars, it got slaughtered by the Bahamas penny, and I know exactly who that one belongs to. :° (It did deserve the win to be fair)

If these were voting on their own coin, then I also agree the coin should be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike.
Restoration addict : Verdigris Removal : Zinc White spot removal : Iron Rust Removal : Silver brooch/necklace mount Removal
Never mind naming them BAN them !
I personally think that attacking the integrity of the contest should disqualify the entrant, both for fairness to everybody else, and to show that cheating does not profit.

I see no reason that his coin should go through when he's essentially wasting your time, Neils time, and all the voters time.

Neil is the competition administrator. I'll leave it to him to decide whether to just name the disqualified coins, or the entrants too. It's probably just better to name the coins from an admin point of view; keep the cheaters guessing about what we know and what we don't. (It could also be the case of 2 friends in the same house etc)
I was reluctant to disqualify the coins as people have been voting for them.

But I am just the facilitator, this is your competition. You have all entered your coins, you have donated the prizes, you have been voting, and you have all made your feelings pretty clear that you do not want the coins of someone voting with multiple accounts in the competition.

Therefore I will disqualify the Guyana coin that was to be in the semifinals as this was owned by the member in question and it will be replaced by the runner-up in that round. I will leave any further action against the member for having multiple accounts to Oggy and Jarcek.
Disqualifying the coin is the right thing to do along with any votes cast by the fake accounts. I would suggest that a big debt of gratitude is owed for catching the crook so quickly. Well done Neil / Oggy.

I'm guessing that the fake accounts were not just used to boost his own entry, but to cynically vote for obviously weak entries to ensure that he would face less of a challenge in subsequent rounds. The person responsible could have distorted the entire vote and once again, we would find a great idea ruined by greed.

If the MPCC is to thrive, there simply can't be any tolerance of this kind of behaviour. There needs to be a harsh penalty. Publically naming the crook is owed to the decent members here. If someone would stoop this low, he wouldn't hesitate to steal coins. It ought to be a matter of great concern that we have a snake in our midst who is poised to strike unsuspecting swap partners.

Give us the name and let's hear him explain his actions. If he can't then ban him from the whole site permanently.
Those cheating stories become enjoying.
Please ban! their coins, their accounts, from forum etc.
We need to have fun here, not suspicion.

And good job Oggy for detecting that.
Quand l'Histoire et la Géographie se croisent sur nos pièces de monnaie ...
Referee for Austria-Habsburg, Austrian Netherlands, Austrian States, Bohemia, Silesia.
Traducteur, demandez en cas de besoin ! Translator, ask if you need !
The reason I haven't named them is because I have given them a chance to plead their case to Oggy/Jarcek.

The member has contacted me and said the three voting were him, his daughter and her boyfriend who use the same computer.

The member has said they will not take part in the competition and there have been warnings placed on the active swappers page so for now I think disqualification from the competition is enough. We don't want to wrongly ruin someones reputation if there is a reasonable explanation.
What explanation did they give for the very, very high similarity between their votes? Or the swaps happening between those accounts?
I've actually removed the swap warning for now, because I see no justification for it.

I'm looking into this seriously, but I won't allow it to become subject to herd or lynch mentality. The issue has been brought up, now please let people do their jobs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgoDvnebHRw
Quote: "pnightingale"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgoDvnebHRw
​I agree Phil they should just turn him over to the Lynch mob and let nature take it course. Lol

Matt
Too much time is spent worrying about the "rights" of thieves, cheats and other scumbags. I don't really care, nor do I care if it's embarrassing that it's (once again) a Numista Referee doing the cheating.
Quote: "pnightingale"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgoDvnebHRw
​Do you mean you give Al Capone as a model :D ??
Quand l'Histoire et la Géographie se croisent sur nos pièces de monnaie ...
Referee for Austria-Habsburg, Austrian Netherlands, Austrian States, Bohemia, Silesia.
Traducteur, demandez en cas de besoin ! Translator, ask if you need !
I would hope the individual(s) responsible for cheating would come forward on this post, and apologize.
This would go along ways to restore the trust with members. At least it would with me, and take the pressure off the Moderators to do something.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:57.