Federated States of Micronesia? [solved]

6 posts
Why no listing for Federated States of Micronesia?

When I do a search for "Micronesia" I get Saint Pierre & Miquelon.

Alan
Some of us are just fascinated by small shiny objects.
You must have something not ticked in the search. I found this page
in the search and these are part of the 12 coins in the results ...

Need to have the 'both' box ticked and also tick 'all' section ...
This is really strange. I cannot seem to replicate what you did.

The only way I can see them is to go to the Exonumia list.
Does "Exonumia" mean that it was minted by someone other than the government?
If not, how is "Exonumia" different from "Commemorative"?
If Micronesia has no circulating coins, I will probably not be interested anyway.
What started this whole thing is that I noticed that a couple of islands, east of the Philippines didn't have tags on the map and I was trying to figure out what they were.
I think the second one is possibly Guam.
Alan
Some of us are just fascinated by small shiny objects.
Reason why you could not replicate it is that there is no country listing for Micronesia, as it never issued coins. Writing only "Micronesia" should help.

Exonumia is a conglomerate of many things, among them are fantasy (private issues) coinages, which include also fantasy Micronesia set.
Catalogue administrator
Quote: "estes53"​This is really strange. I cannot seem to replicate what you did.
​ I think your search was from going to Catalogue then the first one down 'Country list'
whereas I went to the second one down 'Search' as these ...

Quote: "estes53"​What started this whole thing is that I noticed that a couple of islands, east of the Philippines didn't have tags on the map and I was trying to figure out what they were.
​I think the second one is possibly Guam.
​The second one is probably Northern Mariana Islands, but I'm not entirely sure either.

This is the big issue with searching by country through entering country names in the main search bar - basically, it includes every "country" in the database, even if there aren't actually any coins listed for it (which excludes it from the other country lists).

Which is to say, aside from real countries, it includes organizational "countries" (such as Germany and Micronations; most of those have names that are identical to some real country, which is why some of them show up twice when searched for), any country with unapproved requested coins that hadn't been deleted yet (not sure which ones there are right now, but it's usually some Indian tribe), and perhaps some other leftovers.
Pretty sure Micronesia is not listed though (which is how I found Micronations).

For a while this used to also come up in the country choice bar in advanced search, leading to problems if you wanted to search coins from one of the countries that were listed twice. It had apparently since been fixed, however.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:09.