Token/Jeton subgroups [solved]

6 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

[Catalogue]
Upvotes: 6
Downvotes: 1
Hi to all

As a group of tokens is growing ever larger, it really seems that there is a need for creating subgroups (not only by country based).

E.g. on this site (https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pays.php) we have:
- Countries and territories
- Ancient coins
- Non UN states
- Micronations

I think the same approach could be based for jetons/tokens. The subgroups could be divided into lets say:
- public transport jetons
- car wash jetons
- sets of jetons (for instance ESSO - 1970 England World Cup Collection, Lithuanian heritage, Shell first flight series and so on...)
- surrogate money jetons (like US mining companies money)
- shopping cart trolley jetons
- apothecary tokens
- automatic machine drinks jetons
- parking jetons
- telephone jetons
- gaming jetons
- and so on...

All current jetons would there for be put in status undefined, and in a year or two, we can have better order in this part of Numista.

Also there seems to be a need to define certain rules on how to name a jeton/token (its value, country of origin, purpose and so on...). All this information is very differently added into the name of jetons/tokens.

Thank you for understanding and best regards to you all!
I agree and would welcome such an implementation.
I'm shocked sometimes to see a Harry Potter token next to historically important tokens.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
This is on hold until Xavier updates one tool for administrators.
Catalogue administrator
Quote: "apuking"​I agree and would welcome such an implementation.
​I'm shocked sometimes to see a Harry Potter token next to historically important tokens.
​Yes, this sums it up well. I have around a 1,000 tokens that have circulated as a medium of exchange. I hate they are thrown in with "everything else."
Hello, this has been implemented.
Discussions are still ongoing at https://en.numista.com/forum/topic105467.html
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 30-Mar-2021, 22:37)
A dream come true B)
thank you!

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 16:29.