sending coins from USA to Bulgaria

6 posts
I have about 20 coins to send to a collector in Bulgaria. Apparently this is frowned upon by the Bulgarian government (according to the USA postal service). I'm am open to any suggestions as I really want to complete the trade.

oh, the downside is that the coins really are not that valuable. I don't want to spend close to $30 to send $3 worth of coins.
It is somehow useful not to tell the postal service that you are sending coins. I am not certain about US post, but it works here in Europe.
Catalogue administrator
It's best to not tell the US post office you are sending coins. Popular substitutes are 'pictures' or 'hobby supplies.'
That works for me when I have to mail outside the US. I also use the automated kiosks and avoid the clerks.
Hope this helps.
Quote: "JRo69"​It's best to not tell the US post office you are sending coins. Popular substitutes are 'pictures' or 'hobby supplies.'
​That works for me when I have to mail outside the US. I also use the automated kiosks and avoid the clerks.
​Hope this helps.
​I have stated "old bus tokens".

I have never been able to send international packages with the self service kiosk. It always tells me to go to the staff counter for that.
Quote: "JRo69"​It's best to not tell the US post office you are sending coins. Popular substitutes are 'pictures' or 'hobby supplies.'
​That works for me when I have to mail outside the US. I also use the automated kiosks and avoid the clerks.
​Hope this helps.
​I know someone who uses the term "processed planchets" when a postal worker asks what's in his package.
Haha, that's a good one.

My favourite is "*insert adjective here* metal discs".

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 21:24.