Zinc as metal for the "Your coins" statistics [solved]

20 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Show more than 10 metals in collection stats
Upvotes: 8
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Is it possible to add zinc to metal breakdown of "Your coins" statistics? I believe right now all zinc coins go to the category of "other".
I don't send via registered mail with very few exceptions.
Table shows 10 (or so) most common metals in your collection. Try adding 1000 Zinc coins to your collection for a test (keep in mind that highest number you can own technically is 255 of one year line) and you will see it there.
Catalogue administrator
OK, thank you. Is it possible to expand metal statistics to more than 10? 12, for example?
Maybe? Should not be so hard. I will ask Xavier, maybe something can be done easily about this.
Catalogue administrator
I agree it would be nice to add different metals rather than all being clumped together in other.

Matt
Technically that can be done very easily, but the resulting pie would be overcrowded and unreadable if it's not enlarged.
A way to handle that problem is to decrease the number of possible metals by removing duplicates (e.g. "Cu-Ni", "copper-nickel", "nickel/copper") and perhaps adding a broader, less precise composition description used just for this chart (e.g. just "bimetallic"), but that's a huge work.
If we had a list of every metal type we could do without the pie chart.
Is it still feasible to increase the number of metals to 12 instead of 10? Thank you.
Maybe a feature for the "My Stats" tab? ;)
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ngdawa"​Maybe a feature for the "My Stats" tab? ;)
​Sure, as long as we will have more than 10 metals.
Quote: "scceda"
Quote: "ngdawa"​Maybe a feature for the "My Stats" tab? ;)
​​Sure, as long as we will have more than 10 metals.
​well that's the whole point, that it should be even more detailed..
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Hello,
You may now see the whole list of metals in your collection. This is visible in the filters of "My coins".

There is no plan yet to have statistics beyond the 10 most common metals in your collection. Still this allows to see the full list of metals and you can get the list of coins for each metal.
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 14-Sep-2019, 17:04)
How do you get that - it is titled 'My coins' so I went to
that tab near the top and yes 'My coins' page appears,
but it has the world map and so on >

Where is the part that has the five sections you show >
Issuer / Collection / Year / Composition / Grade
Here are a few ways
:D
Another new way is to click on the chart of the metals in your collection.
I do not understand that first reply - is that meant to be a joke?
​Second reply - what chart, and on what page?

​ If I go to Compositions below the map, and say put the cursor over
​the blue colour all that happens is Copper-nickel on the right goes bold.
​ I still do not see how to get those five sections shown. :.
Yes it was meant as a joke because there are so many ways. Also I can't imagine that you have never been on this part of the site.
Just click on any country then on a name or just on the OK button.
When I clikc on the wheel I also get forwarded to the site maybe something blocks it in your case.
Something I should have mentioned: due to technical constraints, the filters on the collection work only with the "new" collection input and display method.
This may explain why ZacUK may not have the same display and functionalities.
Quote: "Xavier"​Something I should have mentioned: due to technical constraints, the filters on the collection work only with the "new" collection input and display method.
​This may explain why ZacUK may not have the same display and functionalities.
​Xavier,
Thanks for your clarifications. Before reading the last post I would ask the same questions as ZacUK did.
That's why I created suggestion earlier in the tread about implementation page with list of new Numista features in chronological order (with short description how to access it and available options, etc.)

Many users just don't guess about new improvements.
Best regards,
afpcoins
The list of new features has been made available through the link "Releases" at the very bottom of the website.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 13:26.