Peace Celebration --medal /token

7 posts
Hi everyone.... Kindly identify this, is it fake or real, who engraved this, why this was struck. What's the history behind this piece....

&, rate it please... Vf, Xf....

Respect & Regards
Arvin11
coin collector.....
1919 GEORGE V MARY PEACE CELEBRATION CALCUTTA SCHOOLS
Referee of south atlantic islands
Quote: "Frenchlover"1919 GEORGE V MARY PEACE CELEBRATION CALCUTTA SCHOOLS
​Thank you Sir for your reply...

But the site didn't mention who was the engraver, in which mint it was struck, and the picture also they have borrowed from eBay seller... and what is Calcutta schools.
Kindly more information will be highly appreciated. .....
Regards
Arvin11
coin collector.....
Strange, nobody on numista, know much about this medal...
Kindly help please , So I can add this on catalog.
Regards
Arvin11
coin collector.....
Hello everyone..... :)It have been a week no answer from anybody ..... British india referees kindly Help......
coin collector.....
Hello
This medal type were produced after the first world war. George V and Queen Mary issued many different commemorative medals which most cannot be traced by mint or engraver and this is one example.

Unfortunately I do not know of any way to find the engraver/mint with this type of medal, the information you have been given is as much as you will get.

As for grade, I would say in my own opinion that it is a F/Fine grade due to considerable wear.
Restoration addict : Verdigris Removal : Zinc White spot removal : Iron Rust Removal : Silver brooch/necklace mount Removal
I would call this a VF, at least if it were a coin. I don't know if medals are graded differently since they are usually higher relief.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:28.