New types in searches not quite presenting correctly [solved]

5 posts

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 0
New types in searches not quite presenting correctly.
For instance, according to the database there were no "circulating commemorative" US presidential dollar coins after Clevelands second term, except Kennedy.
Some of us are just fascinated by small shiny objects.
As far as I understand, coins now have a single "type" list (Common / Circ commemorative, non circ, etc) instead of different flags. And for a lot of them type is now "Unknown", even if they were marked as commemorative before.

That really sucks, I must say. Please add "Unknown" to the list of types in Search!
Admin team is working to get rid of unknowns. Those mistakes were already there, but they were made obvious now.
Catalogue administrator
Just found out that, when it comes to presidential dollars, my assumption upon starting this post was MAYBE incorrect.

According to the mint website ALL the presidential dollars are circulating, but many news outlets and coin sites in 2011 were saying that Presidential Dollars after Garfield (2011) should be classified "Non circulating coin".

The numbers of minted coins per year posted here seem to support that if you compare the 2011 and 2012 numbers.
Some of us are just fascinated by small shiny objects.
Unknown types are now solved, so searches should be working fine again.
Catalogue administrator

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 17:01.