circulating coins-missing info in the catalogue [solved]

4 posts
Dear all,

I noted since a couple of days that whenever I try to arrange an advanced search, filtering in order to know which coins were circulating for a country is not useful anymore. One week before every coin not circulating was marked on the top of the page, usually above the pic of the coin itself, as "not circulating"; hence filtering by that I could have a quick glance about coins which were used or not.
Right now these explanations disappeared and I can filter only by "common coin" and "circulating commemorative coin".. the result is a tragedy, many circulating coins are not appearing at all (just to give you a crystal clear example, one penny KM# 54 jersey not popping out among "common coins" nor among "circulating commemorative coin".

Does anybody know what is going on and how could the old filter be reactivated in order to see in a trusty way coins which were in circulation?

Thanks in advance,

Pannonicus
Pannonicus
Searching by "Common coin" and "Circulating commemorative coins" together should give you the result of all circulating coins.

Problem is not within the change itself, but it rather exposed some mistakes. Before, when the coin circulating setting was set to "Unknown" it would appear among circulating coins.

Now its "type" is not set, because it had wrong settings in the past. And this takes us again to my first sentence. Search now does not shows coins which have no type selected.

I already notified referees on our forum, and we started to fix those mistakes. It will take some time to look through and fix all of them though.
Catalogue administrator
Jarcek, should we be entering requests for coins that don't have a Type field set (and therefore don't appear in searches for "common coin" and "circulating commemorative coin"? Or are referees already taking care of this systematically?
Quote: "Jesse11"​Jarcek, should we be entering requests for coins that don't have a Type field set (and therefore don't appear in searches for "common coin" and "circulating commemorative coin"? Or are referees already taking care of this systematically?
​It is being done systematically. I guess half of the catalogue is done already.
Catalogue administrator
Status changed to Solved (Pannonicus, 28-Nov-2019, 21:04)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:21.