1 euro cent Germany (gold) [solved]

7 posts
I just got a German 1 euro cent in gold color. Size and weight is the same as a normal 1 euro cent. Anybody know why it's gold color? It is magnetic so it's not a mistake from the 10 or 20 euro cent. Thanks
American collector living the life in Germany
gold plated steel?
Catalog Master Referee & Referee for UAE
https://www.instagram.com/amer.coins
Amer Salmeh
I believe some of the final year Deutsche Mark coins were sold with a gold colored plating as souvenirs. Is yours a first-year euro cent coin? Perhaps someone made similar souvenirs to commemorate the change?
Quote: "AmerSalmeh"​gold plated steel?
​I would say yes, but why. Normal German coin is copper plated steed.
Quote: "Pott"​I believe some of the final year Deutsche Mark coins were sold with a gold colored plating as souvenirs. Is yours a first-year euro cent coin? Perhaps someone made similar souvenirs to commemorate the change?
​Yes, 2002, but what I've seen it's not worth anything. Guess for now I'll add it to my token section.
Mostlikely a Lucky Penny / Glückspfennig or rather cent like thhese two

If it's not shiny it could also be a cent that was coated in zinc and heat treated to form a brass layer, I did this to the left cent.
Quote: "Idolenz"​Mostlikely a Lucky Penny / Glückspfennig or rather cent like thhese two

​If it's not shiny it could also be a cent that was coated in zinc and heat treated to form a brass layer, I did this to the left cent.
​Looks like the one on the left(three coin picture)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:24.