I am assuming that this "Section" as opposed to "Country" will trickle down to the other lists? [solved]

6 posts
I am assuming that this "Section" as opposed to "Country" will trickle down to the other lists?

For instance- Your Coins/Show countries: from which you have coins still lists sections as countries.

Alan
Some of us are just fascinated by small shiny objects.
As all the countries are counted as sections as well, basically yes. In the list you mention, they are listed side by side. Was that what you were asking about?
Catalogue administrator
Quote: "Jarcek"​As all the countries are counted as sections as well, basically yes. In the list you mention, they are listed side by side. Was that what you were asking about?
​I don't quit understand the section. What is that for? I had 216 countries now have a 190 countries and 210 sections. Sorry don't understand what that is.
American collector living the life in Germany
I explained it here: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic61805.html

Everything that is now first level country (Example is France) will be counted as country. Everything on second and third level (examples: Brittany, France - Kingdom, Yemen - Arab Republic) will be counted as section. No exceptions, no political decisions.

Only thing is Tokens and Exonumia, which will be removed from Country list in the future and probably granted its own page.
Catalogue administrator
Quote: "Jarcek"​I explained it here: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic61805.html

​Everything that is now first level country (Example is France) will be counted as country. Everything on second and third level (examples: Brittany, France - Kingdom, Yemen - Arab Republic) will be counted as section. No exceptions, no political decisions.

​Only thing is Tokens and Exonumia, which will be removed from Country list in the future and probably granted its own page.
​Sorry figured it would be there some place but didn't see it. I was wondering about that since I joined. Good idea. All is good.
American collector living the life in Germany
We thought about it for a year. There is no good solution, and nobody would accept us politically decide what we see as a country and what we think is not a country.

We will dismember those packed states into separate countries somehow historically, without usurping authority to tell you what is a country.
Catalogue administrator

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 07:51.