Change log [solved]

13 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 19
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Guys we need to put a change log like colnect has.
One that would show what coins you add/edit/remove from your collection and swaplist.
What do you think?
Would be great. It has been suggested many times in the past, so it's probably already on the to-do list and just a question of priorities.
HoH
We need this!!!
Can't believe how low interest this gets....

I always have doubts, did i correctly typed that coin? or maybe i forgot to add it if i had like 3 coins already for swap. And forgot to put 4, or it was 2 and now it's 3.

A change log would be very easy to read and know if you added something or not.
Topic added to agenda for discussion.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Quote: "kommodore"​Can't believe how low interest this gets....

I wouldn't assume the interest in this is low, but when good ideas are submitted, get many upvotes, and it's years before something is done, or when all we get is "it will be discussed in our next meeting" then nothing happens for months it's really hard to care. If the bosses don't, why should we 8~
Hello,
This was implemented :)
See the link below the graph of your collection history, on your collection dashboard.
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,
​This was implemented :)
​See the link below the graph of your collection history, on your collection dashboard.
Great!
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,
​This was implemented :)
​See the link below the graph of your collection history, on your collection dashboard.
​Hello Xavier,

I discovered it by accident yesterday when adding coins and comparing with my log!
Sure, Numista Change log will be really useful functionality.

Very appreciated!
Best regards,
afpcoins
Could you add some filters to that log? For example, to filter out the hundreds of "Updated" records where the only change made was putting in buying price.
HoH
Quote: "Houseofham"​Could you add some filters to that log? For example, to filter out the hundreds of "Updated" records where the only change made was putting in buying price.
Joined to the request.

​That would be useful:
1. to filter Type (Added, Removed, Changed )..

2. I see that changing coin grade generate 2 records - Added and Removed. But what was removed or added (which property (-es)?) Would be good to extend the log with additional fields:
- Property and corresponding Value e.g.
Added XF 1
Removed VF 2
Changed Note "My note to the coin"

- Country (not only Flag)

3. Functionality to filter, sort any field in the table

Thanks!
Best regards,
afpcoins
And a picture of the coin :)
Hello,

Can you please open different topics for these various improvements of the change log, so that they are tracked independently?

Regarding afpcoins question 2, I guess you are referring to the "old" way of managing collection. If you add 1 XF and remove 2 VF, it actually corresponds to addition of a coin in grade XF in your collection, and the removal of a set of coin in grade XF and quantity 2. You can get these details by expanding the line describing each change.
If you use the "new" way of managing your collection, you could actually update your coin to change the grade, instead of removing the old grade and adding the new grade.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 18:56.