How to cancel a swap confirmed, but not executed ? [solved]

7 posts
Hello friends,
I have an issue with one swap, and I'd like to know how to solve it.
Months ago I confirmed a swap with another collector. The other collector confirmed the swap. I send my address, but the other collector didn't send me the address and I had no news since then. Nobody send the coins.
The problem is that the swap appears as confirmed. I'd like to cancel it but I can't.
Does anybody know to cancel the swap?
Thanks in advance.

NOTE that the swap appears as shown:

Hi.

Just one idea, maybe you can rate, after confirming, the operation with zero stars and explaining that other collector dissapeared and don't send the coins. The problem is that the other can do the same operation. You can check before the profile of involved collector, if he has totally dissapeared, if he has other recent swaps, after confirming yours... definively, recent activity.

The zero rating can advise and prevent other collectors to try to swap.

Regards from Spain.

David
Quote: "davmell"​​Just one idea, maybe you can rate, after confirming, the operation with zero stars and explaining that other collector dissapeared and don't send the coins.

​You don't have to rate him with zero stars. In this case you better can choose for "no grade", that doesn't influence the statistics. There are no bad intentions, he didn't give his address so he even couldn't receive your coins. He might be badly injured and in hospital (or even worse). And that can happen to all of us anytime. We wouldn't like it either if something severe happened to one of us and we come back after sometime to find out we got some bad feedbacks with zero stars, without doing anything wrong.
Of course it's a pity the swap couldn't be finalized but there is no harm done. You didn't loose any coins, only some time. So give him the benefit of the doubt and rate him with "No grade".
Right, really a "no mark" rating is a way to close the swap, but I don't know if this kind of rating (I've never used) appears in the profile of collector, and if it is possible writing a comment. Obviously isn't the same this case to other collector that don't send coins after receiving. You have lost the coins in the second case.

My idea is just to advise other collectors that this collector don't answer, don't swap, and definitively don't fulfill the commitment after confirming.

You can cancel an offer of swapping, for me, I have more denied swaps than finished swaps, maybe you don't find coins interesting, maybe any coins offered finally are missed, few coins, no worthing shipping costs... a thousand reasons, but, unless in my opinion, a confirmed swap is confirmed with all agreed, coins, shipping... and not shipping is an error of other collector.

He can be ill, in the hospital even... but if in any moment comes back and finishes the swap I understand that you can say a moderator about modifying the rating. Before swapping, I always check the profile and previous rates of a collector (logical). For me 5 stars is normal and maybe I don't read comments, it's all right. But always check the lower rates, and I always search the importance of the reason. I've seen bad rating for a year changed in a coin, from a miss coin in a swap of 20 coins, for a bad grading of coins or for not sending, not receiving answer. Obviously, for me, these different options has different importance to decide about swapping or not. A comment saying "dissapeared collector, no answer after confirming", even if there is "zero rating" for me is not really bad idea.

Regards and thanks for other opinions
@davmell " I understand that you can say a moderator about modifying the rating"

Well, just keep in mind that after a rating it's done there is nothing more to change about anymore.
Cents are money too!
@davmell: the 'no rating' rating does appear in the list of ratings but doesn't affect the rating statistics. You can write a text to it as you do in any other rating only this time you explain why it turned out to be a 'no rating' rating (check my profile, I received such rating for my 2nd swap)
Hello again,

Thanks everybody for your replies.
Really, there was no harm done and there is no notice about the other collector since them. It could be possible he had a problem...
Anyway, I am not going to rate bad.

Regards,
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 24-Jan-2019, 00:15)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 01:36.