Recruitment of new Referees, Master Referees, Translators, Moderator!

29 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Dear members!

We are currently looking for some more referees and other admin positions to complete the Numista team. You will find a full list of open positions below. If you are interested in taking any of those positions, send PM to either catalogue administrator: Jarcek or pejounet. We will review each application and decide on giving rights to new applicants.

French post availlable here: https://fr.numista.com/forum/topic62800.html

Open positions:
Master referee: Oversees the whole Numista catalogue, supports referees in running and developing their issuers catalogues properly without bypassing them, ensures Numista catalogue uniformity and guidelines compliance, acts as a link between referees and answers their requests, suggests improvements to the administrators, actively participate to forum discussions, ensure running and requests dealing of specific sections like Tokens and Exonumia.

Forum moderator (French forum): French-speaking (mandatory), be reactive (must be able to login once per day), enforce forum policy and ensure compliance of forum posts, remove non compliant messages and threads, report not tolerated attitude to the administrators.

Referee (list of available issuers below): Is in charge of a specific part or issuer of the catalogue, deal with members' requests for coin file creation and modification (reviewing, approving, rejecting), ensure uniformity within his issuer catalogue and alignment with Numista guidelines, reply to forum requests and private messages related with his issuer/part, suggests improvements to the catalogue administrator related to his issuer and Numista as a whole.

Catalogue Translators: Is in charge of English/French translation. Translator should make sure English and French parts of the catalogue show same info. Good English and French is primary need for this position.

General requirements for all positions:
  • Willingness to work as part of a team, diplomacy and openness to discussion.
  • Access to reference catalogues and basic computing knowledge.
  • Basic Numista orientation and knowledge.
  • Experience in contributing to the catalogue.
  • Language skills: English and preferably French. Other languages respective to each referee issuer is preferred.
  • Regularly has time to dedicate to Numista.

Specific knowledge for referee positions:
  • Issuer's history, coinage and language.
  • Access to dedicated catalogues for the targeted issuer.
  • Any other specific requirement will be indicated next to the targeted issuer.

• Afghanistan
  • Bangladesh
  • Belgium - Feudal
  • Bhutan
  • Bolivia
  • British West Africa
  • Brunei
  • Cambodia
  • Celtic Danube
  • Cilician Armenia
  • Crimea
  • East Africa
  • Frisia
  • Hunnic Empire
  • Laos
  • Liege
  • Mombasa
  • Myanmar
  • Nevis
  • Romania
  • Saint Kitts
  • Sri Lanka
  • Tortola
  • Vandal Kingdom
Catalogue administrator
I'm going to jump at this opportunity to add more colonies to my collection of refereeships;

Volunteering for:

French Polynesia
German East Africa
British West Africa
British West Indies
Curaçao
New Caledonia
Mombasa
Guyana
I can work with Benin and German East Africa
Former numista referee for Poland and half of african countries.
I invite you to my FB group about commemorative coins : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1635288620035921
Quote: "doc_man"​I can work with Benin and German East Africa
​Maybe you could take Congo-Republic instead of GEA? It's just that I really want that one personally. :wiz:
i can help with Turkey and abit with Ottoman Empire
i collect world wide coins.
Quote: "CassTaylor"
​​Maybe you could take Congo-Republic instead of GEA? It's just that I really want that one personally. :wiz:
​I have one Congo and looking for co-referee its too big for just one person i can take Congo Republic but if there will be another person. Maybe we can take Congo together ? About GEA i resign its yours.
I invite you to my FB group about commemorative coins : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1635288620035921
Quote: "doc_man"
Quote: "CassTaylor"

​​​Maybe you could take Congo-Republic instead of GEA? It's just that I really want that one personally. :wiz:
​​I have one Congo and looking for co-referee its too big for just one person i can take Congo Republic but if there will be another person. Maybe we can take Congo together ? About GEA i resign its yours.
​Of course, I'd be happy to be co ref for one of the Congos! We could work together on more countries, seeing as we referee for a lot of the Francophone CFA Franc West African nations. We just need to inform Jarcek. Thanks for GEA as well!
Awesome ! :wiz:
Please, just let me know which Congo each one of you would want. I am getting a little lost. :D
Catalogue administrator
Quote: "Jarcek"​Please, just let me know which Congo each one of you would want. I am getting a little lost. :D
​Both
Ok! Upping the thread, still lot of free countries.
Catalogue administrator
I'll be happy to add Azerbaijan to my former Soviet countries' list.
I can also take care of South Korea, Taiwan and Greenland.
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "doc_man"
Quote: "Jarcek"​Please, just let me know which Congo each one of you would want. I am getting a little lost. :D
​​Both
​Yea, I'd say we'll take both, as well as Burkina Faso when it comes along.
Like I was speaking with You Jarek, I would like to take Kingdom of Poland. I have all kind of catalogues so it could helps ;)
I apply for referee of Suebi Kingdom
Referee for Spain, Iberia (ancient), Suebi Kingdom and Visigothic Kingdom
Quote: "geraltttt82"​Like I was speaking with You Jarek, I would like to take Kingdom of Poland. I have all kind of catalogues so it could helps ;)
​It will be good to have you on board :wiz:
Updated, some new referees were appointed. <:D List on the top is still without one.
Catalogue administrator
Thank You Jarek :D
Quote: "ngdawa"​I'll be happy to add Azerbaijan to my former Soviet countries' list.
​I can also take care of South Korea, Taiwan and Greenland.
​Why didn't I get South Korea despite no one else had claimed it?? :snif::snif::snif::snif::snif:
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
I share your disappointment at seeing New Caledonia, French Polynesia, and German East Africa slipping through my fingers :snif:
Quote: "CassTaylor"​I share your disappointment at seeing New Caledonia, French Polynesia, and German East Africa slipping through my fingers :snif:
:snif::snif::snif:
I can take British West Africa and Mombasa have catalogs for them
Regards,
Damian
In the very first post, I asked for PMs. That is why you did not see all the applications, they just were not here. We had to divide the countries in some way between the applicants so everybody got something.

I had to study quite extensively, so I did not wrote to everybody who got new country yet, something which I will fix now.
Catalogue administrator
Quote: "Jarcek"​In the very first post, I asked for PMs. That is why you did not see all the applications, they just were not here. We had to divide the countries in some way between the applicants so everybody got something.

​I had to study quite extensively, so I did not wrote to everybody who got new country yet, something which I will fix now.

​no worries mate! :)
Still forgot to remove Austrian Netherlands from the list :°
André
Quand l'Histoire et la Géographie se croisent sur nos pièces de monnaie ...
Referee for Austria-Habsburg, Austrian Netherlands, Austrian States, Bohemia, Silesia.
Traducteur, demandez en cas de besoin ! Translator, ask if you need !
Quote: "Ecapoe"​Still forgot to remove Austrian Netherlands from the list :°
​André
​Thanks!
Catalogue administrator
Took Vietnam, South Vietnam and Vietnam - Empire.
Thanks to the team!

SRL
Hello Jarek:

I can help on Bolivia (same language and near to my country) if still none have volunteered.

Best regards,
Daniel,
Uruguay.
Just 10 options: you understand binary, or you don't.
Catalog Referee Coins, Banknotes & Exonumia: Uruguay, Cuba, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Paraguay, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Panama, Ecuador, Zamunda, Parva Domus and more.
Hello, I can help for Romania.
Thanks in advantage.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 07:12.