Deli-Bedagei Tobacco Plantation Token One Dollar. Further info please.

4 posts
Quite obvious what it is but finding further info is not easy. I know the plantation is Sumatra/Indonesia and Deli was originally a Dutch East Indies company. The tokens were paid to the estate workers instead of currency and had to be used on the estate shops.
I assume the Chinese script is the value..1 Dollar ?
No date indication but it doesn't look or feel old. A worn, silvery coated alloy metal token.
Diameter approx 38mm, weight approx 12g.
Can't find anything similar to gain a value, so any idea what it is worth ?
Many thanks
Brian.
Hello Brian,

I only found information about the 50¢ in the same series, which is extremely rare, but I don't know whether you had already knew about that page.
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
Quote: "Camerinvs"​Hello Brian,

​I only found information about the 50¢ in the same series, which is extremely rare, but I don't know whether you had already knew about that page.
​Yes, that was one of the google searches I found, thanks for the interest.
Cheers
Brian.
These 2 should be added to our catalog. I wonder if they qualify to be under main catalog or just in tokens section. But they definitely have a place somewhere here
Catalog Master Referee & Referee for UAE
https://www.instagram.com/amer.coins
Amer Salmeh

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:21.