What are we going to do without Neil?

32 posts

» Quick access to the last post

One of the best people on numista, and he was run off over something so petty. There really was no reason to "clean up the catolog"

it was a petty thing.

Neil kept the forum alive.

Everyone else Please, when you get hurt, mad, or disappointed, take a break, don't abandon us. Sometimes we need a break from ether numista or collecting. Don't delete, Just take a break if you need to.
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
What happened?
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic63044.html
Yeah but what's the background?
It says in his explanation that he didn't have the collecting bug anymore, and the removal of the sets from Numista was the final straw.
We all lose the collecting bug sometimes, don't throw in the towel, don't sell your collection, don't delete your profile, just take a break!
Neil was my friend for years, we've been friends for years. But we were only friends on numista only, I feel like I lost a friend.....
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

I think a lot of us lost a friend.

I think this really speaks to the importance of both open-minded communication and for taking a step back before you burn out instead of after.

I do hope he comes back someday.
There are many factors which can contribute to someone feeling they need to leave and sometimes it’s not all coin related. im not saying that’s the cause but I have felt this way myself when life is on top of me.

Ive spoken to Neil, I understand his frustrations and reasoning. Hopefully one day we will see his return !
Quote: "Mark240590"​ Hopefully one day we will see his return !

Sad me too, very kind collector, when I had a question about this website I knew to count on his answer even if my english is awful!!!
I was bummed about Neil's departure. But I guess it was time to move on for him. I know that he put a lot of time and money into Vatican coins. And I swapped some coins from Panama with him. I am sure he'll come back at some point.
never kill a mockingbird: it's bad luck.
Its certainly not great that he unsubscribed and hopefully he'll come back someday. That said, it is perhaps a good change for him. I have a feeling he probably subconsciously realised he's spending an unhealthy amount of time on this site. Its great to contribute to numista, but it has its place in the greater scheme of things and shouldn't come at the expense of one's family, social life, exercise, enjoying the outdoors and other things that make life worth living. Once he's found a good balance, I do hope he'll return to help enrich our numismatic knowledge. I only say this, because I did go through my own spell of an unhealthy obsession with forums and i needed to be kicked off one to realise where I need to draw the line ;-)
Outings administrator
I hardly ever liked his oppinion and had big arguments or fierce battles with him.
Neitherless it was never unfair and i concern him a big collector and fine bloke.

I dont know what that set issues was but i know he was upset about oggys rude behaviour and powermadness. At least he told me via email.
Main Referee for Hutt-River
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"​I hardly ever liked his oppinion and had big arguments or fierce battles with him.
​Neitherless it was never unfair and i concern him a big collector and fine bloke.

​I dont know what that set issues was but i know he was upset about oggys rude behaviour and powermadness. At least he told me via email.

​I don't care much about your personal dispute, but I'll ask you again to remove your signature where you claim to be referee for Hutt River, please.
If you only would put the same of effort in being a referee like as harassing valueable members, numista catalog would be uptodate within 4 days. <:D

My signature is older than your registration and until you provide evidence that i am not a chess referee in hutt-river amateur chess i will not change it.
Quote: "redsmithstudios"​One of the best people on numista, and he was run off over something so petty. There really was no reason to "clean up the catolog"

​it was a petty thing.

​Neil kept the forum alive.

​Everyone else Please, when you get hurt, mad, or disappointed, take a break, don't abandon us. Sometimes we need a break from ether numista or collecting. Don't delete, Just take a break if you need to.
​I'm pretty sure that Neil are feeling so bad with the all situation as we are.
I would like to ask all numista members who know Neil or do somehow have contact with him, to offer him some support and understanding.
Cents are money too!
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"​If you only would put the same of effort in being a referee like as harassing valueable members, numista catalog would be uptodate within 4 days. <:D

​My signature is older than your registration and until you provide evidence that i am not a chess referee in hutt-river amateur chess i will not change it.

​You've got some nerve.

Compare your paltry contributions to the catalogue;
4 coins added, 10 years added, 36 coins edited, 5 years edited

with what a dedicated referee who puts the same amount of effort into referee-ing as I have in getting "valuable" members as yourself to stop trolling has done in three months;

339 coins added, 505 years added, 2373 coins edited, 456 years edited

Also,
what on earth are you going on about regarding 'amateur chess'? I didn't expect anything more, but still, even from you that's nonsensical. Be an adult and remove a misleading signature, or else I will alert your friends on the mod team.
cry me a river.....

Nobody cares about your 'valueable' contributions and after viewing your collection of washers i think the majority doesnt even consider you a serious numismatist.

But just keep on boasting around and drive more collectors away with your attitude
Quote: "CassTaylor"
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"​If you only would put the same of effort in being a referee like as harassing valueable members, numista catalog would be uptodate within 4 days. <:D
​​
​​My signature is older than your registration and until you provide evidence that i am not a chess referee in hutt-river amateur chess i will not change it.
​​
​​
​​You've got some nerve.

​Compare your paltry contributions to the catalogue;
​4 coins added, 10 years added, 36 coins edited, 5 years edited

​with what a dedicated referee who puts the same amount of effort into referee-ing as I have in getting "valuable" members as yourself to stop trolling has done in three months;

​339 coins added, 505 years added, 2373 coins edited, 456 years edited

​Also,
​what on earth are you going on about regarding 'amateur chess'? I didn't expect anything more, but still, even from you that's nonsensical. Be an adult and remove a misleading signature, or else I will alert your friends on the mod team.

His posts are best ignored. He'll manage to get himself banned soon enough anyway.
It is a deep shame that Neil has left us. He was a very nice person and very helpful. I think one way to carry on the torch here is to have other people do what Neil did. I would love to help with the forum, but I just don't have time on my side right now.
Quote: "oggy"​​​
​His posts are best ignored. He'll manage to get himself banned soon enough anyway.
​I guessed so, but
1) Why hasn't it happened yet?
and
2) could you do something about that signature of his, please.
Quote: "oggy"​​​
​​His posts are best ignored. He'll manage to get himself banned soon enough anyway.
​​I guessed so, but
​1) Why hasn't it happened yet?
​and
​2) could you do something about that signature of his, please.

It has, several times! (Hence the chip on his shoulder). And unfortunately not, we can't edit profiles or signatures.
For a very short amount of time I am a referee, please see my signature! :8D

Oggy, just ban him, it's not like he can do anything. Your website (sort of, the forum at least) your rules. Just ban him for the good of mankind.
​​
​​My signature is older than your registration and until you provide evidence that i am not a chess referee in hutt-river amateur chess i will not change it.
​​
​​
​​You've got some nerve.

​Compare your paltry contributions to the catalogue;
​4 coins added, 10 years added, 36 coins edited, 5 years edited

​with what a dedicated referee who puts the same amount of effort into referee-ing as I have in getting "valuable" members as yourself to stop trolling has done in three months;

​339 coins added, 505 years added, 2373 coins edited, 456 years edited

​Also,
​what on earth are you going on about regarding 'amateur chess'? I didn't expect anything more, but still, even from you that's nonsensical. Be an adult and remove a misleading signature, or else I will alert your friends on the mod team.

​this isn't the right thread to argue guys, please try to keep it between yourselves in pm's..
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "nthn"​Oggy, just ban him, it's not like he can do anything. Your website (sort of, the forum at least) your rules. Just ban him for the good of mankind.
​Bravo! :O
Quote: "redsmithstudios"​For a very short amount of time I am a referee, please see my signature! :8D
:love:
Like i mentioned i have several emails from our friend neilithic and other ex-members where they are mad at a certain moderator after deleting valueable pieces of text. They are all published in the facebookgroup and come with some hate from reputable former members who now prefer to stay away from the forums. If you are under 18 i dont recommend reading them.
Ps: That childish club300 was already a good reason to switch for some from what i have understood.
I love childish people not able to grasp the sense of their previous punishment.
Catalogue administrator
And this is the individual that I was being forced to interact with, LMFAO.
You cant have it both ways Jarcek.
There is a very good reason why people don't take part anymore and its nothing to do with the administration nor the Hamster, too many hypocrites spoil the forums.
Regards, The Lurker.
I deny nothing but doubt everything, opinions are made to be changed, how else is the truth to be gotten at.
Ohh, the convicted liar and libtard also resurfaces.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 09:56.