Personal Milestone

25 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Few days ago I have completed my first collection, it feels really amazing, Its a satisfaction that I believe many of you have felt before or will feel once you complete any of your collections!

Sadly I run out of the right size 2X2 and this is a big annoyance at the moment, but nothing that cannot be solve with "TIME" BUT WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT???

I have decided to generate this post with two pictures per post Front and Back of 5 Pages so I can upload and modify better!

And a big thank you to all of those Numista Members who helped me during the last 3 years. I still have two more collections to complete of the exactly same collection for my kids... so there is no rush, I will also keep one post for the missing coins for those two collections in case anyone wants to collaborate I will be open for swaps for those specific coins

Follow the thread in this direction (8
JustforFun...
Modern Syrian Collection
Page 1/5

JustforFun...
Page 2/5

The missing coin in the picture is the 1 lira 1950 (Gold) which I have in a PCGS Slab, and waiting for the arrival of the 2X2 to make the transfer...let's liberate this coin!!!
JustforFun...
Page 3/5

JustforFun...
Page 4/5

JustforFun...
Page 5/5

The last sheet is for information and between each single page, I haven't completed yet as I still have my personal issues with the Album I have so far (The Album and I know very well he is not the right one for me :°) I will explain that in another post below...
JustforFun...
WANTED COINS
JustforFun...
I had never seen the black 2X2 holders... Can you buy them like that or do you colour them yourself? Someone who likes to provide information on their 2X2s could use silver and gold artists' pens, using silver "ink" (actually, some sort of paint) for silver or generally grey/white coins, and gold for bronze and gold coins. That would look pretty nice.

And yes, do liberate that coin, please!
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
Quote: "Camerinvs"Can you buy them like that or do you colour them yourself?
They are Leuchtturm/Lighthouse holders so you can buy them on their site.
Congratulations on that accomplishment!!
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.  It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so.  Mark Twain
The photos are taking forever to upload...
JustforFun...
As a French colonial collector, I can only say that I'm extremely jealous! :love:
Congratulations Dan. Now for Lebanon!
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Nice collection indeed. I do like Lebanon and Syria very much too, perhaps one day I will amass the similar collection.

Black holders are just fabulous! I've never seen 'em before.
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "Camerinvs"​I had never seen the black 2X2 holders... Can you buy them like that or do you colour them yourself? Someone who likes to provide information on their 2X2s could use silver and gold artists' pens, using silver "ink" (actually, some sort of paint) for silver or generally grey/white coins, and gold for bronze and gold coins. That would look pretty nice.

​And yes, do liberate that coin, please!
​I tried the 2x2 with staples in white color and for me they are pathetic... no offenses but If I want to show you my coins they have to look nice. I can recommend these ones to any one, self adhesive! great quality! not the cheapest ones, but the contrast between the coins either in bronze, aluminum or any other materials is fantastic.
JustforFun...
Quote: "CassTaylor"​As a French colonial collector, I can only say that I'm extremely jealous! :love:
​Well, I will take it as a compliment!!! I have learned a lot about Lebanon and Syria "colonies" coinage and notes in the last 3 years...

I hope this post motivate all of you with collections near to be completed, or even to create new collections within your collections!
JustforFun...
Quote: "pnightingale"​Congratulations Dan. Now for Lebanon!
​Almost completed, there is a large number of commemoratives (crap) in the catalog that won't be in my Lebanon collection... the collection is near completion! few coins missing and one elusive gold coin that I cannot find in any respectable bidding site (yes that will be the only places where I will be able to find that coin).

That collection is also in the same 2X2's, and arranged in the same fashion!
JustforFun...
Quote: "druzhynets"​Nice collection indeed. I do like Lebanon and Syria very much too, perhaps one day I will amass the similar collection.

​Black holders are just fabulous! I've never seen 'em before.
​I hope I did not mess with your current collection (San Marino?) but if you do decide to swap your 2X2's I bet you will have a very good looking collection as well. :wiz:
JustforFun...
As a syrian myself, I'm definitely jealous. Love it, congratulations!
Catalog Master Referee & Referee for UAE
https://www.instagram.com/amer.coins
Amer Salmeh
Quote: "AmerSalmeh"​As a syrian myself, I'm definitely jealous. Love it, congratulations!
​Shukram Habibi! I don't have any Syrian background, but my mother in law is from Hama and she made the best food in the whole wide world!!!

Time to complete your collection then X-D
JustforFun...
Quote: "JustforFun"​​Shukram Habibi! I don't have any Syrian background, but my mother in law is from Hama and she made the best food in the whole wide world!!!

​Time to complete your collection then X-D
Interesting! No wonder then about my mom's cooking abilities - who's from Hama too :P
PS: ​Shukran* :°
Catalog Master Referee & Referee for UAE
https://www.instagram.com/amer.coins
Amer Salmeh
That's an amazing achivement, I know from own experience how hard it's to find some Syrian coins and how expensive they can be.
How far (in date) goes your collection?
Cents are money too!
Quote: "JustforFun"
Quote: "druzhynets"​Nice collection indeed. I do like Lebanon and Syria very much too, perhaps one day I will amass the similar collection.
​​
​​Black holders are just fabulous! I've never seen 'em before.
​​I hope I did not mess with your current collection (San Marino?) but if you do decide to swap your 2X2's I bet you will have a very good looking collection as well. :wiz:
​San Marino is a separate collection so it is in safety :) I'm planning to amass a decent collection of Middle East circulation coinage in the future.
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "JustforFun"​​​I tried the 2x2 with staples in white color and for me they are pathetic... no offenses but If I want to show you my coins they have to look nice. I can recommend these ones to any one, self adhesive! great quality! not the cheapest ones, but the contrast between the coins either in bronze, aluminum or any other materials is fantastic.
​Oh, I agree. I don't like too much the 2X2s anyway, but I like better those black ones. I'm likely to buy one or two cabinets and place the coins in trays.

Since I collect Canadian cents, I may well use those black 2X2s for the BU small cents, but I would actually prefer 1½X1½ holders which, for small coins, look better than the 2X2s. Perhaps Leuchtturm has those in black. If not, I'll cut them myself.

My thanks to you and Idolenz for your replies.
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
Impressive! Only thing I ever managed to complete is Iceland after-1981 circulation coinage. ``-
Catalogue administrator

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 17:01.