big guessing game from the hamster

189 posts

» Quick access to the last post

The big guessing game from the hamster with far better prices than mpcc!
<:D

the question is how many Euro 1 cent pieces are in the bottle??

The nearest guess wins 1 ounce of silver of my choice.

conditions of participation:
account must older than one week with at least 7 posts.
only 1 guess allowed

End of this game shall be in exact 3 weeks.

Happy guessing!!

i added euro 1 cent to the description.
Main Referee for Hutt-River
Faële: 508
Urane: 768
Ystankous:653
Alm:215
scceda:456
myeackel:543
Cro123:1548
sneyoz:323
relief:0
cjenal:472
ganges:0
avl:1550
keng:528
indomini16:0
redsmithstudio:2583
markj:256
johnspa: 1875
tax1958:75
solistati:736
smzata:0
nthn:1583
igetsov:1086
456 coins
I don't send via registered mail with very few exceptions.

MATT
1584 :D
I collect and deal in ancient Roman coin. In case you're looking for affordable ancient coins or need any help with the coins you already have send me a message.
il faut absolument garder à l'esprit que quand une monnaie semble "fautée", dans plus de 99 % des cas, il s'agit soit d'une monnaie abimée, soit d'un bidouillage !
Always look on the bright side of life!
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
736 coins
zero
Je ne collectionne que les euros, et notamment les commémoratives
Not like anything is going to happen

How much 1 cent coins would an hamster chuck if an hamster could chuck 1 cent coins in a lot of different coins including 2-cent coins from Austria ?
Referee of south atlantic islands

coconut for scale

i emptied it now and it contained 1 and 2 cent coins
Hello
type: 615 pieces

nice day / night
Ivan
983 coins

franknorm1
I added 1 cent in Euro as there was some confusion

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces57.html

Yes you may guess again, just write the new number into this thread.

:8D
I cant see any euro cent ..the coin is I guess A silver Australian...........
coin collector.....
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
@arvin11 in the bottle not outside :°
943 exactly
Quote: "Andy289"​@arvin11 in the bottle not outside :°
​ok then I guess 850
coin collector.....
Medieval sets for swap:https://en.numista.com/forum/topic140941.html

My personal list of scammers from Numista: erniemix, yvain, CassTaylor
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"​Faële: 508
​Urane: 768
​Ystankous:653
​Alm:215

​Does this mean the esteemed collector, respected numismatist, Hutt River 'referee', and big-time contributor to Numista Muenzenhamster isn't going to let me and my guess participate? I am shocked! B.
Editing guess to 507.
Quote: "CassTaylor"
​​Urane: 768
​​Ystankous:653
​​Alm:215
​.....
​​
​​
​​Does this mean the esteemed collector, respected numismatist, Hutt River 'referee', and big-time contributor to Numista Muenzenhamster isn't going to let me and my guess participate? I am shocked! B.
You have no respect for other people and expect them to respect you?! I am shocked!
You better save your sarcasm for your family and stop bothering complete strangers over the internet. Get more class.​
Quote: "scceda"

​​​Urane: 768
​​​Ystankous:653
​​​Alm:215
​​.....
​​​
​​​
​​​Does this mean the esteemed collector, respected numismatist, Hutt River 'referee', and big-time contributor to Numista Muenzenhamster isn't going to let me and my guess participate? I am shocked! B.
​You have no respect for other people and expect them to respect you?! I am shocked!
​You better save your sarcasm for your family and stop bothering complete strangers over the internet. Get more class.​
​My dear scceda, respect is earned; courtesy is expected. And if courtesy were coins, our friend Munzenhamster would be a pauper; you wouldn't be much better off either.
Casstaylor sorry i forgot you. Are staying with 6666666 or want to change it?
I will update the list later. On the french side there is a very sophisticated approach for the quiz.

:O
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"​Casstaylor sorry i forgot you. Are staying with 6666666 or want to change it?
​I will update the list later. On the french side there is a very sophisticated approach for the quiz.

:O
​I'll stick with 6666666, thank you very much. :P
229 :)
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"
​coconut for scale

​i emptied it now and it contained 1 and 2 cent coins

​if you emptied it out the current answer would be zero :)
Quote: "Stupendousman35"
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"
​​coconut for scale
​​
​​i emptied it now and it contained 1 and 2 cent coins
​​
​​
​​
​​if you emptied it out the current answer would be zero :)
:O:O
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
198 (;0
never kill a mockingbird: it's bad luck.
BOINC
When will this be over?
Quote: "nthn"​When will this be over?
​3 weeks from the start
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Quote: "redsmithstudios"
Quote: "nthn"​When will this be over?
​​3 weeks from the start
​soo.....the 19th?
It has got to be 2017, but no idea why I picked that number
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1
Thanks for offering the guessing game! I'll guess 2450.
What I collect: US, 3rd Reich Germany, Philippines, Ancients, Vatican City, North Korea.
Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right.
- Henry Ford
Thanks for organizing this game! I will go for 3250 coins.
821 (8
Just call me Bram

Oh! And do read my profile page before you open a swap ...
1234 :)
Cents are money too!
in a few days the competition will be closed and will begin starting to count. Last chance to modify your estimates. Please give me some time for that task 0:)
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"​in a few days the competition will be closed and will begin starting to count. Last chance to modify your estimates. Please give me some time for that task 0:)
​Whatever your final count is, that's my guess. ;)
X-D 1666 X-D
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"​in a few days the competition will be closed and will begin starting to count. Last chance to modify your estimates. Please give me some time for that task 0:)
in a few days? ​according to your original post tomorrow is the deadline. ;)
​Perhaps someone's too busy contributing to the catalogue as the referee of Hutt River?
``-
​​Perhaps someone's too busy contributing to the catalogue as the referee of Hutt River?
``-
Too much butthurt, young gentleman?​
Quote: "scceda"

​​​Perhaps someone's too busy contributing to the catalogue as the referee of Hutt River?
​​``-
​Too much butthurt, young gentleman?​
​A butthurt diagnosis coming from an account currently with a Confederate flag profile pic?
Oh, the irony. :O

Quote: "redsmithstudios"​......
​ I’m not surprised :~

Quote: "redsmithstudios"
Quote: "redsmithstudios"​......
​​ I’m not surprised :~
​Maybe he really was busy contributing to the catalogue as referee of Hutt River. :°
(Oh no wait that's me now, so I ask once more, would the Hamster kindly remove his misleading signature?)
Changed my answer: It is n, {n ∈ ℤ, n > 0}, n ∉ (ℝ ∩ ℕ)
Quote: "SquareRootLolly"​Answer: It is n, {n ∈ ℤ, n > 0}
​Abstract Algebra - WOW – now we are getting serious.
I still believe the number will be 1200-1300 just from past experiences.
Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right.
- Henry Ford
Quote: "nthn"​Not like anything is going to happen

​507
​Told you!
At what point can we ban this guy, can we vote on it?

Congratulations on your new found popularity my friend and of course on reaching troll level 100. I stand in awe at your troll mastery, one day I hope to reach the bar you have so nobly set.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Quote: "pnightingale"​1488

​Congratulations on your new found popularity my friend and of course on reaching troll level 100. I stand in awe at your troll mastery, one day I hope to reach the bar you have so nobly set.
​I’ll count that as one vote!
see my above post

I vote to keep him I always get a kick out of how easily this guy ruffles feathers.

Matt
I vote against banning him. He's trolling some immature youngsters on this forum, but that is OK with me.
Quote: "scceda"​I vote against banning him. He's trolling some immature youngsters on this forum, but that is OK with me.
​He is lying about being a referee, and refuses to remove it from his profile, and then made a fake contest and lied to all of the members who voted. Innocent?
It's just a joke. Do you have sense of humor? Come on, lighten up, people.
I mentioned it will take some time since i have other things to do also.

So keep patient.
Quote: "nthn"
Quote: "scceda"​I vote against banning him. He's trolling some immature youngsters on this forum, but that is OK with me.
​​He is lying about being a referee, and refuses to remove it from his profile, and then made a fake contest and lied to all of the members who voted. Innocent?
​Bravo nthn!
+1
​Given that a lot of things from historical revisionism

to being a prima donna of forum drama

and defending known trolls with a history of disrepute and two bans on this forum, seem to be OK by you...

I think that all speaks volumes more about how much we should value your opinions. (8
@casstaylor could please keep your clumsy mating dance attempts out of this thread and let the others just enjoy the competition?
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"​@casstaylor could please keep your clumsy mating dance attempts out of this thread and let the others just enjoy the competition?
​Ouch, what a comeback. I am so devastated. B.

I think your delay in announcing a winner is more obstructive to anyone who was enjoying your competition. It's been what, 2 weeks now?

By the way, I've asked you nicely three times to remove your misleading signature, something other referees and moderators have agreed with me upon.

Maybe let him do that before claiming the 'maturity' high ground, scceda?
I see the " I WANT CAKE AND I WANT TO EAT IT " brigade are out in force again.
Regards, The lurker
I deny nothing but doubt everything, opinions are made to be changed, how else is the truth to be gotten at.
My game, my rules.

btw. i dont care what you agree on in your private circle jerks.

I dont comment anymore on this troll. When the results are here i will post them. I can only say 1 user will get an extra price for his sophisticated attempts.
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"​My game, my rules.

​btw. i dont care what you agree on in your private circle jerks.

​I dont comment anymore on this troll. When the results are here i will post them. I can only say 1 user will get an extra price for his sophisticated attempts.
​Yes, very mature.

​My game, my rules - but you're not even following your rule on the reveal date! (8

Anyway, if you truly feel that I'm the immature troll here after all this time, then you'll do the one thing that would cease my cause for hostility; removing your incorrect signature.

Go ahead and prove how mature you are. I'll be waiting. :`
Relax everybody !

it’s just a game.
Gaulois réfractaire –
Membre de l'APDTABDFM (Amicale Pour la Défense des Tranches A et B sur les Dix Francs Matthieu).
Only Hamster can manage to piss off just about everybody while giving away free bullion. That takes some special skills.
What? Me Worry
I recently looked at this post, to see when the date was to reveal the amount. Not in my wildest dreams did I expect negative comments when I started reading. I mean, the guys giving away free coins. Free is Free. Fun is Fun..How could you possibly F#%K that up?
Well, it really doesn't take much. As much as I like to think that all Numista members are mature and reasonable, that's not the case. There people who demand to be seen or heard, no matter the case.
When I watch my 4 yo granddaughter, and Im not giving her enough attention, she will do something to get it.Usually naughty. Seems to be whats happening here, not just this post but many others.
I would like to be on the Forum more, I do have a lot to say, but I don't want to deal with the criticism, anger and all around animosity. No matter what the subject is, somebody has to make it dirty.
Maybe we should have a Numista forum for "Angry Members Only.". Then you could spare me from the negativity and embarrassment of having to read it.
I recently welcomed a new member to Numista. I apologize to Zavier, but I felt it necessary to warn him/her about some people that comment on the Forum. Ignore, don't take personal, and most of all, don't get sucked into it. It truly is embarrassing ,and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Just saying....
Quote: "johnspa"​I recently looked at this post, to see when the date was to reveal the amount. Not in my wildest dreams did I expect negative comments when I started reading. I mean, the guys giving away free coins. Free is Free. Fun is Fun..How could you possibly F#%K that up?
​Well, it really doesn't take much. As much as I like to think that all Numista members are mature and reasonable, that's not the case. There people who demand to be seen or heard, no matter the case.
​When I watch my 4 yo granddaughter, and Im not giving her enough attention, she will do something to get it.Usually naughty. Seems to be whats happening here, not just this post but many others.
​I would like to be on the Forum more, I do have a lot to say, but I don't want to deal with the criticism, anger and all around animosity. No matter what the subject is, somebody has to make it dirty.
​Maybe we should have a Numista forum for "Angry Members Only.". Then you could spare me from the negativity and embarrassment of having to read it.
​I recently welcomed a new member to Numista. I apologize to Zavier, but I felt it necessary to warn him/her about some people that comment on the Forum. Ignore, don't take personal, and most of all, don't get sucked into it. It truly is embarrassing ,and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
​Just saying....
+1​
- Henry Ford
The thing is, he is NOT giving away free coins. That is the whole problem! Just wait and see, no one will get anything.
Quote: "johnspa"​I recently looked at this post, to see when the date was to reveal the amount. Not in my wildest dreams did I expect negative comments when I started reading. I mean, the guys giving away free coins. Free is Free. Fun is Fun..How could you possibly F#%K that up?
​Well, it really doesn't take much. As much as I like to think that all Numista members are mature and reasonable, that's not the case. There people who demand to be seen or heard, no matter the case.
​When I watch my 4 yo granddaughter, and Im not giving her enough attention, she will do something to get it.Usually naughty. Seems to be whats happening here, not just this post but many others.
​I would like to be on the Forum more, I do have a lot to say, but I don't want to deal with the criticism, anger and all around animosity. No matter what the subject is, somebody has to make it dirty.
​Maybe we should have a Numista forum for "Angry Members Only.". Then you could spare me from the negativity and embarrassment of having to read it.
​I recently welcomed a new member to Numista. I apologize to Zavier, but I felt it necessary to warn him/her about some people that comment on the Forum. Ignore, don't take personal, and most of all, don't get sucked into it. It truly is embarrassing ,and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Good spirit, just ignore trolls and haters.
One thing about this discussion though: you have to consider the OP, he's a troll who likes to stir stuff up for fun and there's absolutely no chance he's going to give something (I'd tell you to check his posting records if it wasn't a complete waste of time). What you witnessed here is what happens when such a troll plays with a member who due to an inflated sense of her own importance wants to police the forum and who for some reason thinks anyone cares about who is referee for Hutt river. B.
I wish there was an ignore box like in a proper forum :(
Johnspa, it would Certainly be Silly to complain about free coin giveaways, if you follow me on numista you won’t find me complaining about too much, so if I am complaining there is a good reason. First of all, he’s not giving anyone anything. hamster has been a bane to numista. This is the kind of drama he likes and he’s turning us against each other.
If you follow his antics you will find many quality forum discussions suddenly devolve into troll crap, also that his IP address has been used multiple times to create accounts that have scammed and cheated people. I don’t think anyone is complaining about any Real coin giveaways..... but this guy......

Quote: "neilithicman"​Only Hamster can manage to piss off just about everybody while giving away free bullion. That takes some special skills.
​That is quite a feat.HaHaHa
Quote: "johnspa"​I recently looked at this post, to see when the date was to reveal the amount. Not in my wildest dreams did I expect negative comments when I started reading. I mean, the guys giving away free coins. Free is Free. Fun is Fun.. 1) How could you possibly F#%K that up?
​Well, it really doesn't take much.
2) Maybe we should have a Numista forum for "Angry Members Only.". Then you could spare me from the negativity and embarrassment of having to read it.
​1) You're right, it didn't take much for him to **** that up. And yet he managed to. It's been over two weeks since the end date, and no winner has even been announced. :o

2) Maybe we should, but I remind you nothing I've posted is in a ranting or trolling tone; in contrast...

3) You seem not to appreciate the brevity of the situation; as redsmithstudios has said, Hamster has a history of exactly this kind of publicity stunt/trolling/stupidity. If you newcomers to this mess want evidence, here's Hamster's oh-so-mature discourse on another thread with me:

Bear in mind this is in response to a perfectly civil request:

I rest my case.
Quote: "BryanJ"​=1em​​
​ Good spirit, just ignore trolls and haters.
​One thing about this discussion though: you have to consider the OP, he's a troll who likes to stir stuff up for fun and there's absolutely no chance he's going to give something (I'd tell you to check his posting records if it wasn't a complete waste of time). What you witnessed here is what happens when such a troll plays with a member who due to an inflated sense of her own importance wants to police the forum and who for some reason thinks anyone cares about who is referee for Hutt river. B.
​ I wish there was an ignore box like in a proper forum :(
​First, I appreciate you recognizing the Hamster's intentions, and looking back, I probably did take the bait and fed the troll more than I should've.

But I protest your diagnosis; If I wanted to be Forum police, I'd have applied to be Forum moderator. I don't police the forums out of big-headedness or desire to feed a troll; but pardon me if I stand up to people I see who have consistently been a bane to the Numista community without any worthwhile contribution to the catalog, whose antics have brought negative amounts of good to the table.

I don't believe what I've done here is objectively wrong; and some have even thanked me for doing it.

As for why anyone cares who the ref for Hutt River is, there's the fact that Hamster's signature is objectively false; and I wish we had a rule against impersonating staff, like on most forums. It's a misleading falsehood and as the real referee of Hutt River, and a member with 3314 more, or 93 times more edits to the catalogue than him at that, I can say that at least one person cares about that. ;(

I rest my case (again).
Quote: "CassTaylor"​​​First, I appreciate you recognizing the Hamster's intentions, and looking back, I probably did take the bait and fed the troll more than I should've.

​But I protest your diagnosis; If I wanted to be Forum police, I'd have applied to be Forum moderator. I don't police the forums out of big-headedness or desire to feed a troll; but pardon me if I stand up to people I see who have consistently been a bane to the Numista community without any worthwhile contribution to the catalog, whose antics have brought negative amounts of good to the table.​

My remark wasn't referring to this discussion only; you've been increasingly aggressive towards posters and derailing threads because their topics didn't interest you or their titles' wording didn't suit you.
As for this thread's OP, harping on at him about Hutt river refereeship (which, come on...) after every one of his interventions doesn't help with anything. The proper thing to do would be to report posts that deserve to be reported and contact mods to ask for a ban if it's deserved or to see if they consider that something needs to be done about his signature—and if they don't, just deal with it.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 14:51.