Add "last log in" info in user's profile [solved]

21 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 46
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Hi,

in order to know if user is active or not, or even if user could have read your messages or not, a field showing when was the last log in did could be included in the user profile, it has not to be exact time, only gives an idea

e.g. values to be showed
- last week
- last month
- last year
- more than 1 year
+1
Very good idea!
A very nice idea but I'm a very active member, using Numista daily, but I never have to log in on my own computer. I only have to log in when I use someone else's computer but that happens seldom. So I don't know if this data will makes us much wiser.
Rather than last login, what about last online on?
Last time the user was active. Made an action, swap changed, message, forum, etc.
Quote: "nthn"​Last time the user was active. Made an action, swap changed, message, forum, etc.
​I think this would be the easiest measure to track as well.
What I collect: US, 3rd Reich Germany, Philippines, Ancients, Vatican City, North Korea.
"Presence indicator" has already been agreed during last meeting, would probably be some connection range (last day, last week, last month).
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Quote: "pejounet"​"Presence indicator" has already been agreed during last meeting, would probably be some connection range (last day, last week, last month).
​And how does that work? Because log in is not reliable. As I said before, I almost never have to log in.
You don't have to manually login, your browser does it all the time with the cookies for you (if you don't delete them). You are not logged in 24/7.
Quote: "Idolenz"​You don't have to manually login, your browser does it all the time with the cookies for you (if you don't delete them). You are not logged in 24/7.
​Completely not true, browser does not login. Server creates session for you with time limit. And all that time you are logged in.
okay then I was thinking of something else :.
Quote: "Essor Prof"​​And how does that work?
Still to be discussed exactly but even if you do not login manually each time, you are necessarily logged in somehow/somewhere (i.e. kind of "IP activity" related to your account); otherwise you would not be able to post on forum or have your collection.

Made an action, swap changed, message, forum, etc. : Can also be tricky somehow as some member can connect but just look at his collection without acting or posting anything. Connection would then bypass this problem of "not acting".

Any idea welcome on the topic so if anybody has thoughts, feel free to post and let us know. :)
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
I did not see this topic and one week ago I created another.:(

I also think this is very usefull. Sometimes I find users with wanted coins but with no swaps, only old swaps, or only a few coins in swap list. I write a message with a swap offer but really I do not know if this user is active or not, and if he/she can read my message or not... Because of not all user check the option I don't want to exchange at all for the moment in user account settings.
Quote: "pejounet"​​Any idea welcome on the topic so if anybody has thoughts, feel free to post and let us know. :)
I do not know how works Numista source code. SMF forum use a session variable with data of current user logged. When user visit a page this variable exists and last login date is now.
Wanted & swap list (euro coins & world coins, exonumia and banknotes circulated) https://goo.gl/AQjfKp - I have euro & world CC coins for swap.
I agree this would be very helpful if we could figure a way out to do this.

Matt
If this idea is implemented, please allow the personal settings options of staying hidden.

When you have several/dozens of conversations/swaps in progress at once, some people get upset when you are not responding to them. I can only do so much at a time with my schedule, and sometimes want to login to read the forum for 5 minutes rather than answer a swap request. Or maybe I only have time to work on one swap today, and not the other 5 in progress.

This idea is somewhat of a privacy invasion, and some people will use it to nag you when you simply don't have the time to give them.
How about inability to open new swap or getting invited into a swap by/for user, who has 50+ unopened messages; such user is also not visible in "start a swap" page, and on coin page as available for swap?
LP
In my opinion, this enhancement is for know if an user is active or not (not is for know if he/she has many or few pending swaps).
Quote: "gyoschak"​If this idea is implemented, please allow the personal settings options of staying hidden.

​When you have several/dozens of conversations/swaps in progress at once, some people get upset when you are not responding to them. I can only do so much at a time with my schedule, and sometimes want to login to read the forum for 5 minutes rather than answer a swap request. Or maybe I only have time to work on one swap today, and not the other 5 in progress.

​This idea is somewhat of a privacy invasion, and some people will use it to nag you when you simply don't have the time to give them.

This is true, this can be see as "privacy invasion", but in this type of websites (swaps of things) people search people in order to get contact. If somebody is without login one year (for example), this must be know by the other users in order to discard he/she when they search a new swap partner. This is like add your country, city and zip code in your profile. These data are very usefully in websites of exchanges.
This new data (date of last log in) can be show by default but an option can be added in user's profile in order to hide it. In this way, people "forgetful" (many of these perhaps not use this site) will leave it activated and only a few will hide it.
Quote: "mikimaus"​How about inability to open new swap or getting invited into a swap by/for user, who has 50+ unopened messages; such user is also not visible in "start a swap" page, and on coin page as available for swap?
​LP

This can be another enhancement: if an user do not read messages, he/she can not do more swaps.
But... an user can read all him/her messages and after do not reply to nobody. :(
Really this can not be controlled.

If date of last log in is added in user's profile, and for example
  • an user date of log in is a few days ago,
  • you write a PM to this user,
  • this user log in (date of log in is update) and
  • he/she do not read and/or reply to your PM,
then you know this user do not want/can swap now.
Wanted & swap list (euro coins & world coins, exonumia and banknotes circulated) https://goo.gl/AQjfKp - I have euro & world CC coins for swap.
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 21-Aug-2019, 22:25)
Hello,

This feature has been implemented. User profiles now show the approximate date of last access to Numista.

Possible values are:
  • less than a week
  • less than a month
  • less than a year
  • more than a year

Note that this value is approximate. The time since the last access is purposely shifted randomly by ±20%, so the change of category may happen slightly earlier or later and people won't know the exact time when you last came on Numista.

You may choose to hide the date of last access from your profile. This is configurable in your account settings. By default, the date is visible for new users. For current users, it is visible for all the users except those who chose to hide their collection statistics.
:)
Just seen the extra feature. Here are the four types ...

unless the profile has been unticked to display the information ...
Thanks for the new feature. :)

P.S. Maybe move the parts in green box to the right, so 'metals' can be on same line?

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:11.