Dumb things you did with a coin

9 posts
I'll go first. When I was 12 I got this UNC 1920 Canadian 50 cents. I sold it to a guy who did he will get me a UNC farthing. I was pretty dumb at the time, but I did sell it. Dumbest thing ever.
I am that serb. xd
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic64735.html
Oh, where to begin? (8

-Used nail file to try and bring out the details on a darkened 1861 Nova Scotia 1 Cent

-Threw out a 1921 1/2 Crown because I thought it was fake after weighting it; discovered same day that it was my scale was what was off, and had to rummage through trash to find it.

-Dropped 1826 Penny into eyeshadow; long story short that's why I have a glittery George IV penny.

-Gave away a Singapore $2 commemorative coin to a relative as a birthday present because I thought it was worthless exunomia (wasn't listed on the site back then)

-Lost a 1929 Thailand 1 Baht coin

-Lost a 1945 British India 1 Rupee coin
25 cents*
I am that serb. xd
Swallowed a quarter.
Smashed around a gold coin of my father when I was a kid
Quote: "JRo69"​Swallowed a quarter.
​Ha,Ha,Ha, I swallowed a whole handful of change I was hiding in my mouth.
Quote: "CassTaylor"​-Used nail file to try and bring out the details on a darkened 1861 Nova Scotia 1 Cent

​Used toothpick to clean a 50 Cents - Victoria of Hong Kong.

R.I.P.
Threw out an Indian clipped planchet coin because I thought such damage made it worthless.

Misplaced an envelope of Bhutanese coins years ago (or worse, threw them out with trash by mistake) and have never found them though coins never leave one room.

Will

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:51.