Canada post

11 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Hey guys. Is anybody else having problems sending coins lately? So, we all know we can't send coins/money by mail but we all do one way or the other but today i run into the trouble of sending a registered mail and not the able to because was not just paper. I know the people in the post office well enough that they know what im sending but apparently they (canada post) gonna start been a bit harder on us and send letters back if is not just paper and i mean, its pretty easy for them to figure it out is not just paper inside.. So, a CN22 with registered comes up to $70 which is not even close to what im getting in return.. Is anybody else even this problem?
Some of my mail is taking longer than usual to come in.
However, when I send out, I usually say hobby supplies and let them slap on that declaration form. I never send with tracking.
Outings administrator
I try not to "obuse" the system too much and pretty much never sent coins as lettermail. Light Packet is the type of Canada Post "product" that allows sending non-paper stuff. It only works upto 500 grams.
Quote: "smoked_caramel"​I try not to "obuse" the system too much and pretty much never sent coins as lettermail. Light Packet is the type of Canada Post "product" that allows sending non-paper stuff. It only works upto 500 grams.
​and how do you send registered?
Yes 1 week ago Romanian post the same dont receive my packages becouse inside was something else that paper
And i tried at 3 different postal office
Quote: "lykan"​​​and how do you send registered?
​I never send registered. I assume you would ask for a Registered Light Package...
I've always sent my swaps (I think) by Canada Post Letter mail. No problems yet.

But, as you can see, I am not a very prolific swapper as compared to ash and smoked.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.  It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so.  Mark Twain
Sending coins by registered mail is difficult and extremely expensive. You have to send it as a tracked package (usually only options are xpress pack or priority pack), or a courier. Which depending on weight (even for 30 grams) will be in the $50-$70 range. This is why I never send coins registered.
My packages always are more than 100g so it's the Small or Light packet options - NEVER registered (unless my swap partner wants to pay for that ahead of time..). And now the Light packet option has been removed. I haven't had any problems yet...
I'm not trying to take away anyone swap, but if there is someone here in Europe that's saves Canadian coins check out my swap list. See anything you like let me know. They're already in Germany, postage be a lot cheaper. They were sent to me when my mother died because I save coins. These are extra. Thanks
American collector living the life in Germany
I've had nothing but problems from Canada Post for years now. Don't even get me started.
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 24-Jan-2019, 00:24)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 01:28.