Option to make purchase price private [solved]

11 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 15
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

I really like new functionality that allows users to keep track of "purchase price" of the coin, but I prefer this information to be private. I mean it would be nice to have an ability to make the purchase price hidden from the eyes of other users/visitors, but I personally completely fine if the purchase prices of the coins in my collection are contributing to the "average price" of the coins on Numista website.
Is such private information really visible now?
ūūūūū
Quote: "Southern"​I really like new functionality that allows users to keep track of "purchase price" of the coin, but I prefer this information to be private. I mean it would be nice to have an ability to make the purchase price hidden from the eyes of other users/visitors, but I personally completely fine if the purchase prices of the coins in my collection are contributing to the "average price" of the coins on Numista website.
​I was under the impression that the purchase price was only visible to you, and only the average price was publicly visible, is this not the case?
If you click on someone else's profile, and you view their collection, you can see all the prices they added. Of course, it only works on the profiles that allow others to view their collection, but I find it a little unsettling that the values are there.
Quote: "Sulfur"​If you click on someone else's profile, and you view their collection, you can see all the prices they added. Of course, it only works on the profiles that allow others to view their collection, but I find it a little unsettling that the values are there.
​Yeah, you're right. :(

I would definitely support an option to make prices private.
Quote: "Southern"​I really like new functionality that allows users to keep track of "purchase price" of the coin, but I prefer this information to be private. I mean it would be nice to have an ability to make the purchase price hidden from the eyes of other users/visitors, but I personally completely fine if the purchase prices of the coins in my collection are contributing to the "average price" of the coins on Numista website.
​+1.
Really like the new version
Would like to keep my cost price private
This should be hidden!
ūūūūū
Agree, average values should be shown to all but private purchase price should only be visible by yourself.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Quote: "apuking"​Agree, average values should be shown to all but private purchase price should only be visible by yourself.
​+1
Exactly!
Reported.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Hello,
I agree the prices entered by users in their collection should stay private. They are now hidden when looking at the collection of other users.
Currently I see little interest to have an option to make the prices public. Let me know if you think it's useful for you, and I'll consider to have it as an option.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 06:57.