13 posts

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 2
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Hi,

Two questions :
-1-
The public comment between <....> does not appear as public; all text before/after it appears!
Is this as it has been designed or is this a BUG??
-2-
Furtheron I saw some strange number like in this picture (digits in green).

What is the meaning of those digits??
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
The digits are the values entered by at least 4 users ...
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic67359.html
so F grade has those values, and none so far for the other grades VG VF XF UNC
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic67354.html values introduced in this topic.
Quote: "ZacUK"​ The digits are the values entered by at least 4 users ...
​so F grade has those values, and none so far for the other grades VG VF XF UNC
​Very strange!
If I buy a complete set fe. 8 coins (like a proof set, they mostly only exits in a set) than I put the amount of that set into that field. I bought a chart of the "quarter dollar" from all 50 states for €38,50, when I put that amount in that field for each quarter dollar you got a very strange digit!!
So you can't add that amount by another who put the amount of only a single coin!

Adding pineapple and bananas together!! Saying it is pears!!
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
Quote: "ZacUK"​ The digits are the values entered by at least 4 users ...
​so F grade has those values, and none so far for the other grades VG VF XF UNC
​In that case that digit should contain the currency-sign (€) before those digits.

AND it should be that the used value should contain a checkbox if it is for the single coin or not (so for a set).
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
Quote: "el182592"​If I buy a complete set...​
So you can't add that amount by another who put the amount of only a single coin!

One line = one coin. Value of a set is not the one of a coin, so no value to be entered...unless you buy a coin of the said set separately.
Same as if you buy a lot of 100 coins, this is not a coin price but a lot price and dividing the price by amount of coins is not relevant here.
Quote: "el182592"​In that case that digit should contain the currency-sign (€) before those digits.
​Values are expressed using the currency each member choose in "Profile settings". Adding currency symbol is already on the improvement request list.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Quote: "pejounet"
Quote: "el182592"​If I buy a complete set...​
​So you can't add that amount by another who put the amount of only a single coin!

​One line = one coin. Value of a set is not the one of a coin, so no value to be entered...unless you buy a coin of the said set separately.
​Same as if you buy a lot of 100 coins, this is not a coin price but a lot price and dividing the price by amount of coins is not relevant here.

Quote: "el182592"​In that case that digit should contain the currency-sign (€) before those digits.
​​Values are expressed using the currency each member choose in "Profile settings". Adding currency symbol is already on the improvement request list.
​Hi pejounet,

-1-
There is a difference between buying a complete set of coins and buying 100 single coins at once.

If I buy a set than I can't select a single coin and only all coins together (like these pictures). For swapping the same, only the whole set can be swapped not a single coin out of that set!!

Registering a set can be easely implemeted into the catalog, in mine mind.

Put a checkbox saying 'this is a set' at "LINK TO OTHER COINS" and that list are the coins of the whole set.

-2-
May I have the forum-post-link about this topic? So I can easily agree that request.
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
Quote: "el182592"​-1-
​There is a difference between buying a complete set of coins and buying 100 single coins at once.

​If I buy a set than I can't select a single coin and only all coins together (like these pictures). For swapping the same, only the whole set can be swapped not a single coin out of that set!!

​Registering a set can be easely implemeted into the catalog, in mine mind.

​Put a checkbox saying 'this is a set' at "LINK TO OTHER COINS" and that list are the coins of the whole set.
Hi,

"complete set of coins vs. 100 single coins" - indeed it's different but given the value case here, this is the same treatment in terms of values to be entered: no value.
- if you buy a set for $100, this is not the value of one coin (i.e. one line given current Numista configuration).
- if you buy 100 coins for $100, this is the value for the lot but not necessarily for one/each coin of the lot.

Numista is not yet optimized for sets hence the Numista rule: no sets in the catalog as separate page. Ability to register full set vs. single coins is not related to the new system, previous system worked this way too. Checkbox with "links to other coins" don't really solve the problem here as a page is related to one single coin and not a set.

Note: the other way around, even if it's not the purpose of it, many broken sets exist; it's up to each collector to keep it or break it. Plus, many companies selling numismatic products do break sets to sell coins separately. Then having a page for set and an entry for single coin out of set brings another problem here.
Quote: "el182592"​-2-
​May I have the forum-post-link about this topic? So I can easily agree that request.
I guess you mean this link introducing values?
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Quote: "pejounet"el182592
Quote​-2-
​​May I have the forum-post-link about this topic? So I can easily agree that request.
​I guess you mean this link introducing values?
​NO, the topic for adding the currency-sign before those values.

What about the ERROR that text entered in PUBLIC/PRIVATE between <...> will not be displayed.
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
Status changed to Solved (Xavier, 8-Sep-2018, 14:51)
Hello,
The issue with special characters in comments is fixed.
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,
​The issue with special characters in comments is fixed.
​Hi Xavier,

Maybe you solved a problem, but NOT the problem I mentioned about.

Look at this picture (special the green part)  :

And when I looked at the page "MY SWAP LIST" then I see only the text : ""TEST"", when I put the cursor on the PUBLIC COMMENT, and not this part ""<.....>"".

Look at this picture (special the green part) :

Excuse me that I didn't give you the needed information!!

PS.
I don't know what others can see in this case.
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
This is fixed as well ;)
Quote: "Xavier"​This is fixed as well ;)
​Hi Xavier,

VERY, very, very thanks for this fixing.
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
Xavier,

There is another site where this "special characters"-problem doesn't work.

When someone has selected the coin and I go to the site :
--fe. https://en.numista.com/echanges/echange.php?id=522328
then the text wthin "<.....>" isn't visable.

Hoping you can fix this soon TOO.

I hope for you that this is the last place where this problem could be visable! 8);)
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
Status changed to Started (Xavier, 19-Sep-2018, 19:55)
Status changed to Solved (Xavier, 7-Oct-2018, 12:11)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:36.