Number of coins in collection vs for swap

5 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 0
Downvotes: 0
Not sure how I can word this correctly, but I am noticing something where an improvement can be made.

Example:
I add 1999 ABC coin to my collection.
I enter the quantity of 5 of that particular coin.
Then there is a Yes/No for swap. I say yes because I want to swap 3 of them. However when I say Yes to swap, it lists all 5 for swap; I don't have a way to say that out of 5 I only want to swap 3.
It would be good to add that particular functionality.

I did a work around by listing each of the 5 1999 ABC coin individually so I can set 3 of them to yes swap and 2 no swap. The problem with this work around is if I have 10 of a particular coin, I am confusing myself with the total that I have and the number I have set for swap.

If there is a way to do the above already, please enlighten me.
In your case you indeed add 2 lines, one with 2 coins in your collection and one with 3 coins for swapping. If they have different grades you can even split up in more lines.

A similar question was answered here.
Just call me Bram

Oh! And do read my profile page before you open a swap ...
Quote: "BramVB"​In your case you indeed add 2 lines, one with 2 coins in your collection and one with 3 coins for swapping. If they have different grades you can even split up in more lines.

​A similar question was answered here.
​Thanks for the link to the other post, Bram. Perhaps the old layout would work for me as well. How can I switch to the old layout?
Quote: "manik100"​​​Thanks for the link to the other post, Bram. Perhaps the old layout would work for me as well. How can I switch to the old layout?

​A good idea, the old layout is ten times easier and quicker to add coins, certainly if you have coins for your collection as well as for swaps.

Hover with the cursor over your name and click on "Settings". In the next screen scroll to the bottom and thick the right circle (with the red arrow). Click on "Save changes" and your back in the old layout.

It all depends a bit. The new layout is indeed a bit more work, but gives more flexibilty. Not only can you add coin values or state the grade of the coins you have for swap, you also have the posibilty to offer coins for swap in different conditions (eg. 2 VF, 1 XF, 2 UNC) and the swapper can choose the condition he prefers. Also the comments are separate for the coin in your collection and the coins you have for swap.

I guess just a matter of how much detail you want and if you are prepared to add that little extra time when inserting :`

Don't forget that (IIRC) you loose all the extra information when switching back to the old system!
Just call me Bram

Oh! And do read my profile page before you open a swap ...

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 20:38.