Supposed to be 11th century denar, Germany? [solved]

7 posts
Can anyone tell me what this is and how much is it really worth? Looks polished way too much to have much value. Maybe $20?

Thanks in advance.
Beware of forgeries. But....sometimes they can be valuable, too.
If it is really that old, yes €20-€30
With some more info, you can (perhaps) find it here:
http://herbison.com/www.someoldcoins.org/saur/index.html
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
Quote: "PetrusAscanus"​If it is really that old, yes €20-€30
​With some more info, you can (perhaps) find it here:
http://herbison.com/www.someoldcoins.org/saur/index.html
​Hi Petrus.
I was waiting for some input from you. I went through denars and shillings on that site. The cross made me think Poland, Bohemia, but I don't have anything close to it. The building must be a church or castle, but so far, no luck. The seller is not much help and I usually tell him what he is selling. I'll make an offer and he'll probably take it because I just purchased 8 other coins from him. Good guy and seller from Latvia.
Thanks for helping.
The circles in the cross remind me of Livonian Order ND coins. Any thoughts?
Coin called, Otto Adelheid Pfennig usually minted in the Saxony area, many different types exist with sometimes just minor differences.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Quote: "apuking"​Coin called, Otto Adelheid Pfennig usually minted in the Saxony area, many different types exist with sometimes just minor differences.
​Thank you very much. I appreciate your response, apuking.
I had just read a message from the seller telling me not Livonia and he was thinking 11th century Viking time, Magdeburg. He accepted my offer and I purchased it.
Gary:)
Looks like an honest deal!
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 06:10.