coin that was transformed into a button [solved]

17 posts

» Quick access to the last post

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/contributions/voir_ajout.php?id=2276657
Guys I've added this coin and it was not accepted !
We can't see the link.....
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces140862.html
Maybe now.
Did referees give any reason for rejection?
"We don't accept buttons."
It's clearly not a button, but a coin that had that thing attached.
I've got 30 Bavarian coins from 1700 (different years) that were transformed into buttons. So clearly not a fake/button from the beginning. Since they all have different years and lettering.
As you mention and the picture shows, it has been transformed into a button then it cannot be added like this in the catalogue. If you find a "better" picture of the underlying coin, meaning of the coin itself without alteration, you may submit a new request.

Otherwise, we would have pendants, rings, ashtrays, glass, etc. and all kind of jewellery/common stuff with transformed coins. All these artefacts are not accepted in the catalogue.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Quote: "pejounet"​As you mention and the picture shows, it has been transformed into a button then it cannot be added like this in the catalogue. If you find a "better" picture of the underlying coin, meaning of the coin itself without alteration, you may submit a new request.
​It seems like this type doesn't exist in the catalogue... perhaps maybe accept the coin but delete the obverse image with the button loop?
Exactly!
Yes, the token itself isn't in the catalogue; just that your example was made into a button.
So someone will accept it?
Please....I need to log this coin
Deleted coins cannot be brought back sadly. I am sorry I rejected it that way, I did not know that we do not have the coin in the catalogue yet and that it is being added as a coin - it should have been added to German states, and maybe it could have been mentioned that no better pictures are availlable.

Lecture for all of us it seems. Once more, sorry for the harsh rejection but as Pejounet said, we would have pendants, rings etc soon.
Catalogue administrator
I've added it and also another strange 20 kreuzer from my lot.
Sorry but I didn't add all the details, the page to add the coins is loading extremely slow.
I will look at the requests when I get back from my holidays on the 17.06
sorry hope you can be patient untill then.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Hello Kommodore, sorry I had to decline your requests as the coins are already in our catalogue.
I sent you the links under the rejected requests.

best regards,

Paul
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Oh my god....the lettering is different...………………..
I'm done adding coins to this website
If it had been accepted it would have been deleted shortly after anyway.
The coins and catalogue numbers are already in the Numista catalogue.
55 members who possess the same coin and date as you with the same lettering have also added it this way.
if there is a difference in the lettering of the coin with same km# then it should be marked in the existing coin sheet.
this would also be a welcome good new addition.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 14:18.