Roman coins - help needed [solved]

4 posts
Hey there,

I have at least 20+ coins from the Roman Empire (late, I presume), but I find it difficult to read some of them. Can you help me? Thanks.

Referee:  Albanian cities, Khanate of Crimea, Croatian cities, Bavaria-Ingolstadt, Bavaria-Landshut, Duchy of Bavaria, Electorate of Bavaria, Kingdom

Melius est esse unum numero in villa, quam numerus duo in metropoli.
9:25 STEFANUS
I think 7 is Septimus Severus and 5 could be Gallienus.
Hi,

Weight and/or size would help for some of these.

1. Constantius II, reverse Concordia Militvm
2. Byzantine, not roman, probably Anastatius, 1/2 follis but too worn to be sure.
3. Antoninianus from Probus, temple and ROMAE AETER on reverse
4. Nummus of Constantine I, reverse VOT XXX, mintmark SMHA/SMHB ? Heraclea mint.
5. Antoninianus of Gallienus, not sure about the reverse, maybe APOLLINI CONS AVG (with centaur)?
6. Claudius II, restitution under Aurelian, DIVO CLAVDIO, reverse CONSECRATIO with eagle head right.
7. Denarius of Septimus Severus, reverse HERCVLI DEFENS
8. Reverse is a GLORIA ROMANORVM type, with emperor holding captive and standards but emperor could be Gratian, Valens, Valentinian, or maybe another...
9. Constantine II as Caesar, CONSTANTINVS IVN NOB C, reverse "campgate" PROVIDENTIAE CAESS. I can't read the mintmark.
10. Constantine I, reverse "campgate" PROVIDENTIAE AVGG, mintmark SMTS, Thessolanica mint. i can't find the officina letter.
Wow, thanks a lot! I appreciate the help. I have another set of Roman coins. I would appreciate the help for them as well. Much respect.
Referee:  Albanian cities, Khanate of Crimea, Croatian cities, Bavaria-Ingolstadt, Bavaria-Landshut, Duchy of Bavaria, Electorate of Bavaria, Kingdom

Melius est esse unum numero in villa, quam numerus duo in metropoli.
9:25 STEFANUS

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 13:01.