Can you identify this coin please?

6 posts

diameter: 19-20mm
weight: less than one gram
Modern replica of a Qing Dynasty Chinese cash coin from Jiaqing's reign (1796-1820).
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces13110.html

Letters are far too straight, and the fields have the typical texture seen in feng-shui imitations.
Thanks Cass

Do you have any idea exactly what year this replica was minted?

Also when ever I create a new topic and put photos in, all the writing underneath them turns into a link to the enlarged photos.
Can you tell me how to change the writing to normal text?

Regards Ben
@Ben

No idea exactly when, but in recent decades these cash coins have been replicated in China by the millions to be sold for decoration/souvenirs to ignorant tourists/feng shui purposes. I'd say within the last 20 years or so. The irony is that the real coins are very cheap and common, a few euros each at most.

As for the link text, it's probably just a glitch; I've had it happen to me to when I was adding text underneath a picture. Don't pay it any heed.
Quote: "CassTaylor"​@Ben

​No idea exactly when, but in recent decades these cash coins have been replicated in China by the millions to be sold for decoration/souvenirs to ignorant tourists/feng shui purposes. I'd say within the last 20 years or so. The irony is that the real coins are very cheap and common, a few euros each at most.

​As for the link text, it's probably just a glitch; I've had it happen to me to when I was adding text underneath a picture. Don't pay it any heed.
​Your knowledge for a young collector has been helpful once again, thank you.:)
Quote: "XRY-478"​​Also when ever I create a new topic and put photos in, all the writing underneath them turns into a link to the enlarged photos.
​Can you tell me how to change the writing to normal text?​

​It happens to me too regularly. I don't know why it happens but this is the solution I use: just copy a few letters of regular text and paste it underneath the picture. Put your cursor between those letters and go on writing. Don't forget to delete the copied letters you don't need.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 13:28.