Messaging problem [solved]

10 posts

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 2
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

There's an extremely annoying bug when sending messages which inserts random characters into the field for the user name making the message undeliverable.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Not sure I understand correctly, any screenshot you may share or send me through PM?
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
I'll take a SS at the next occurrence. Until then perhaps the following will be useful -

I'm using Win. 10 & Firefox.

The error occurs only on messages sent from within a swap. Everything appears to be normal until you click "send" at which point a failure message appears saying "No user with the name "Pejounetd"" appears. There's some kind of bug which is adding random characters in the "To" field.
Hello Phil,
I tried something. Let me know if this solves your issue.
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello Phil,
​I tried something. Let me know if this solves your issue.
​Thanks Xavier, I think it's cured the problem with Firefox but it's persisting with Microsoft Edge. I believe it might be triggered by selecting preview before sending.
Do you mean the issue also occurs when sending a message directly, not from within a swap?
No, it seems to occur only with messages generated directly from the swap page. I can go to the members profile, select the last message exchanged and the reply goes through without problems.
I am having the same problem. Even when you try to send a message to a user from their profile page.
It add extra characters some time even Chinese characters. Just now it added a M to the end of the users name.
Hello,
I made another change. Is it better now?
The person I was pm with it now looks like it is OK.
Status changed to Solved (Xavier, 8-Sep-2018, 11:58)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 02:25.