Ownetic - New Platform for collectors

19 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Dear collectors,

At the beginning, I would like to thank the forum administrator Xavier for allowing us to present you guys a new platform for collectors - Ownetic.

Together with the team, we are building a dedicated, free of charge platform for collectors - Ownetic, which enables digitization, presentation and organization of own collections and collector's items, as well as creating your own professional collector’s profile.

Each collector's object - including of course coins - can be accurately categorized and catalogued into a collection, and described with appropriate parameters. Ownetic is a fantastic tool for managing your collection and for making it easily available to others.

On Ownetic you can also discover other interesting collections: stamps, books, posters, postcards, photographs - these are only examples of what you can find.

Profile example: https://ownetic.com/profile/01C9EBJGT1NG28MRWHRJTPTK45
Collections: https://ownetic.com/collections/01CC8RAD2H6PND7NHKAJ7SMDEB/collector-coins
Presentation of a coin: https://ownetic.com/items/01CEFDTJ59PFHAV37DY5T8JM7K/boles%C5%82aw-i-chrobry

We are still working on the development of the platform, which was launched on July 2. Most of the functionality and improvements introduced so far was based on feedback from users, therefore all comments and suggestions are welcome.

We also encourage you to ask questions, we will be happy to answer all of them :-)

Hope to hear from you guys!

The Ownetic team
Would be great if you could add more than just a title and an image to coins, to be fair. As with all other collectables, sort them under categories. A bright concept, to say the least!
A member has already reported this and is not sure about it, as am I.
If Xavier writes that this is alright to put on here then fair enough. But there
was no prior notification about it to team members, and if nothing received
to the contrary in the next 24 hours it will be deleted as spam. :|
Just mentioning Xavier does not make it legitimate - anyone could write that
as a way to trick members.
Hello,
I'm sorry for the miscommunication. Maryd indeed asked whether she could introduce her new platform on the forum, which I accepted, as it can be of some interest for the community.
Quote: "ZacUK"​Just mentioning Xavier does not make it legitimate - anyone could write that ​as a way to trick members.

​That was my opinion too when I reported this post this morning. Especially because Xavier isn't the "forum administrator". Strange when you get Xavier's permission to post this and then using a wrong job description for him.
Quote: "Maryd"Ownetic is a fantastic tool for managing your collection and for making it easily available to others.
1. We already have a fantastic tool for managing our collections and for making it easily available to others, namely Numista.
2. Numista is Xavier's lifework. And Ownetic wants to do almost exactly the same thing as Numista does. Hard to believe Xavier gave his personal permission for that.
3. Above all, a very strange first post for a new member.

As long as Xavier doesn't confirm his permission I still consider this post as spam.
Sorry Xavier, when I started writing my reaction your last post wasn't posted yet.
If you gave your permission, no problem at all for me and sorry I reported this post.
All is well it seems then.
When I click the link, I am just getting a blank screen.
Quote: "Eerovisser"​When I click the link, I am just getting a blank screen.
​Me also
What? Me Worry
It works for me.

https://ownetic.com
Numista is a specialized site for numismatic collectors
It encourages exchanges between members around the world
It's give-and-take '
In good agreement the approach must be reciprocal.
BOINC
I dont want to talk down your idea but professional collections are mostly published in books.

If you go to a big book shop and look around you will see what i mean.
Main Referee for Hutt-River
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"​I dont want to talk down your idea but professional collections are mostly published in books.

​If you go to a big book shop and look around you will see what i mean.

For numismatics especially, this is patently untrue.
We indeed asked for permission before posting this post, because we respect the work that has been done here.

The purpose of this post was to get some feedback from the professional coin collectors, what do they think of Ownetic.

What do they like, what would they improve and how?

We want to allow users to catalogue their collections and share with the world by sending 1 link to their profile.

We do allow other users to include links to their websites, blogs... all users can include link to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Numista as well.

Thank you,
Mateusz from Ownetic
I have checked your site and I have one main issue with it:
  • If I was to record my collection on Ownetic, it would take me forever to put every single coin and its details by hand. And I don't consider my collection to be large!

What I liked the most:
  • UI - looks more up-to-date with material design feel.

Good job, I appreciate the work that has been put into designing and building the web app but at the current state I don't see myself using it.

Good luck in the future development!
The colour scheme is magnificent, as far as I can tell. The only problem might be that the purple is a bit too sharp, which hurts your eyes when displayed in a bright screen; perhaps lower the value (HSV) in the range of 85 to 90 instead of 100.

Best,
SRL
Quote: "oggy"
Quote: "Muenzenhamster"​I dont want to talk down your idea but professional collections are mostly published in books.
​​
​​If you go to a big book shop and look around you will see what i mean.
​​
​For numismatics especially, this is patently untrue.
​I am talking about professional collections, not our pathetic stockpiles of junk.
Collections who hold the coins which other coins are referenced too.
Main Referee for Hutt-River
Quote: "SquareRootLolly"​The colour scheme is magnificent, as far as I can tell. The only problem might be that the purple is a bit too sharp, which hurts your eyes when displayed in a bright screen; perhaps lower the value (HSV) in the range of 85 to 90 instead of 100.

​Best,
​SRL
​Thank you for your suggestion :)
Quote: "lebryant"​I have checked your site and I have one main issue with it:

• If I was to record my collection on Ownetic, it would take me forever to put every single coin and its details by hand. And I don't consider my collection to be large!

​What I liked the most:

• UI - looks more up-to-date with material design feel.

​Good job, I appreciate the work that has been put into designing and building the web app but at the current state I don't see myself using it.

​Good luck in the future development!
Thank You for your feedback, we appreciate it

Did you try to use "Add Similar Item" Feature?

It should be quite helpful :)

It copies all the parameters from the item, and all you need to do is to add description.

Thank You for your feedback, we appreciate it

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:55.