Saxony 1779? (German States) [solved]

8 posts
The shield and words on the existing coin are the same, but the branches around the shield look different. Is this the same coin?
existing coin: http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces76712.html

My coin:

Thanks!
Your coin definitely looks like the one in Krause:

Thank you. Does that mean that my coin is the same as the Numista entry and that the Numista picture is a different version? How much variation is permissible before they are no longer considered the same?
Thanks!
Hammered coins have multiple variations....
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
re: "Hammered coins have multiple variations...."

Thanks. Are there clues that I can look for to distinguish a hammered coin from it's more modern counterparts, or is the answer just knowing what level of development the coinage industry of a country had reached by a certain time?

Is there any value to adding additional pictures to the coin page?

Thank you for your assistance!
Sure its always good to add the variations, you can add it under Comments field.

yours has a laurel wreath whearas the one in the Numista sheet has a wreath of palm branches.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
You might want to consider contacting Ole (Sjoelund on Numista) to make one of his visuals for it, those are always superbly done.
Thank you everyone! You told me what I have, the right words to describe it, and who to tell about it. You make a good team!

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 00:33.