Strange catalog values for 1968 Peru 1/2 sol

3 posts
Anyone have any insight into this:
https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/peru-1-2-sol-km-247-1966-1973-cuid-1095065-duid-1546697

All of the years of this type are worth 10 to 20 cents except for 1968, which has a book value of $12 in XF. The mintage is no lower than any of the other years. The only thing I could think of is that the JAS mintmarked version is the common one, and the one with no mintmark is very scarce in proportion. Other than that it doesn't seem to make sense. Does anyone know the reason? Or is it just an error in Krause?
The variety with mintmark "JAS" on observe, above "B" of "Banco" should be rare cause you can't find a picture on the web.
Same as the 1 Sol 1968, there are also two varieties : with or without the name of the engraver Antonio Pareja.
There is no significant price difference between them on ebay.

There is also a strange signature on this one:

Sorting varieties of the Peruvian coinage is an endless work :D
Referee of south atlantic islands
I agree. I have the 1968 without JAS three times but I don't have any with JAS. The 1968 without JAS is easy to find so I also think the prices for these two coins are switched.

@Frenchlover: I'm not so sure your second coin (without "Pareja") is effectively without "Pareja":

I can't effectively read "Pareja" but within the red oval is something that looks very much like it: the same amount of characters and at the same place where "Pareja" should be. And the condition of the coin isn't as good as the other one. I guess the letters "Pareja" are a bit worn away.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 16:37.